OpenALPR - Project

ecschnei

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to learn how to build a system that logs plates in a spreadsheet. My goal is to edit the sheet with the people I know so I can have my control4 system announce when friends are arriving at our house. I have OpenALPR working on one camera and it is registering plates but I need to find a way to export it to a list I can edit and then trigger it to send an announcement file. If anyone out there has worked on this I'd like to know so I don't reinvent the wheel.

Thanks IPcamtalk!

pb11186

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow. That must be an awsome system! That does catch my interest!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Olivier

n3wb
Reaction score
Probably could use a combo of OpenALPR webhooks and an app like Zapier.com or Integromat.com to send data to a spreadsheet.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using zapier to catch the http post from the OpenALPR agent and then extract what json I want and then send to the Verizion SMS gateway.

This is not the open source version but the download with the free trial and then free tier after that when the pro trial expires. The free tier doesn't include alerts and the $40/month is too much for me to justify catching 50 unknown plates a month in my cul-de-sac.

For those of you who have downloaded and compiled it, what Visual Studio did you use? Did use the full paid version? Did the free community version work?

Is anyone using the CUDA nvidia build option on windows to take advantage of the parallel computing in GTX video cards?

Marble68

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you look at any alternatives to openALPR?

$1000 a camera for the commercial version is too high, and is apparently required if you want to process RTSP streams.