OPINION ON CAMERA PLACEMENT

DYNO1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I wanted to add a couple of camera's for my front area of my home. Based on how my front entrance is, I have an issue on camera placement for the front door. If I am facing the front entry door I have a porch light that is open on all sides allowing lights on all sides. My goal was to place the camera on either the left or the right of the door however I am concerned that the light will impact the quality of the picture. Any thoughts on this and how I can place a camera in a proper position
thank-you

DYNO1

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, here is a pick of my front entrance. The porch light is not turned on. Most nights the light is on and would like opinions on camera placement based on the light being on, type of camera I should use and any other suggestions. My goal is to see who is coming to the front door - at the front door in detail. If I cannot capture some or all of the driveway that does not bother me too much as I can add cameras for that purpose.
thank-you

63 Bailey X-Mas '06 002.jpg

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Under the light a bit. You might want to plasti dip it brown to blend in.

ChengXin

n3wb
Reaction score
Try this position It should capture the person coming up to to the door, with the porch light helping to lit up the person face as he walk up.