Opinions?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The papago has pretty nice specs

The P2 Pro is soon to become your favorite gadget to enhance your driving experience. This complete model is GPS enabled with a digital mapping system when you open up the footage with the GoLife software available on our website. You can create images through snapshots and video with high quality results. The wide dynamic range (WDR) will provide you with crystal clear images in low-light conditions. With the P2 Pro by your side you will be able to capture those rare moments and safeguard yourself against any insurance fraud cases or potential accidents.
[h=4]Full HD Recording[/h] P2PRO is equipped with Aptina imaging technology and delivers excellent performance no matter day or night. With 1080p at 30fps, it ensures video smoothness and less motion blur.
[h=4]130-Degree Wide Angle Lens[/h] Vehicles from right side and left side can be clearly recorded with the 130-degree wide angle lens from the P2PRO. Every angle from the front view, even blind sides will not be missed.
[h=4]3.5 Megapixels Low Illumination Image Sensor[/h] Thanks to P2PRO backside illumination sensor, it increases the light capture and reduces the noise and thereby improves its performance at night or in low-light conditions.
[h=4]Wide Dynamic Range[/h] In a scene with extremely bright and dark areas, or in backlight situations, turn on the WDR feature and it will help to adjust the contrast of the image.
[h=4]G-Sensor[/h] Automatically backup the video to avoid overwriting when it sense the sudden force on the driving recorder.
[h=4]Emergency Backup Button[/h] Press on the button to backup important scenes and they will not be overwritten
[h=4]Auto Recording Upon Power On[/h] Non-stop loop recording. Videos will be overwritten when memory is full.
[h=4]Environmentally Safe Design[/h] P2PRO has a built in temperature sensor which will automatically enter a protected mode if the temperature climbs too high or drops too low and the unit will shut down the system to prevent any damage to the unit. Therefore it extends the lifespan of the device
[h=4]Direct HDMI Output[/h] High quality video output.
[h=4]GoLife PC Software[/h] You are able to review the video on your PC via this software.
[h=4]GPS[/h] It tracks and records your speed and location. You are able to review the info with the GoLife PC software.
[h=4]Product Features[/h]
  • 2.4" LCD Screen
  • Advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) including Stop and Go, LDWS (Lane Departure Warning System) and FCWS (Front Collision Warning System)
  • Embedded GPS. Record coordinates, speed, direction and dates while driving
  • Supports Micro SD Card (at least 8GB / Class 6 to 32GB max.) *card not included*
  • Supports Driver Fatigue Alarm which drivers can set up the alarm for resting for long hour drive
  • Device alerts you when headlights are necessary for driving conditions
  • Supports digital WDR and full HD 1080p high resolution video recording
  • Built-in G-sensor supports emergency video file backup when an accident happens
  • Supports screen capture
  • Auto turn on once engine starts
  • HDMI output supports HDTV playback
  • Supports low and high temperature protection

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
P2PRO has a built in temperature sensor which will automatically enter a protected mode if the temperature climbs too high or drops too low and the unit will shut down the system to prevent any damage to the unit. Therefore it extends the lifespan of the device
Yuck, not cool. I wouldn't get any device that shuts down on me. What I can say after having one for a year is don't get hung up on bells and whistles. Gps, eh. G-sensor, yuck. That will lock your footage from being erased. Sounds good, but it's hard to set sensitivity and the more files you start writing from g-sensor, the more the card gets full of false alarm bumps in the road until you fill your card up with junk and have to reformat the card! G-sensor, nah. Speed can work against you- consider not recording speed. Audio is nice but it too can work against you. Software is hit and miss. Best to find out what file type it uses and make sure the thing easily dumps files out usb to open/save. The camera all but gets forgotten over time. I check every so often just to make sure it's recording and that's it. You want good picture and easy to retrieve and save files out of it, that's it. Everything else isn't really needed, imo.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My main purpose is not for recording events that happened and/or protect myself from an accident or police impersonator, etc. What I am looking for is basically to record my infiniti twin turbo while driving it and having fun with it. The GPS would be required so the speed log can be recorded for obvious reasons. Thanks for that list catseyenu.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
dunno if I'd want a speed log of me having fun in any of my fast cars... might be a huge liability :p

now if I can hack it and make it under report by; oah say 50% then perhaps ;)

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
lol, I'll take my chances and most likely only make private videos for sharing with friends only :D

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, but I won't be masturbating while driving the car, LOL

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you dont know what your missing out on then.... why else do you think they invented the flappy paddle shifter? sure wasent for shifting faster.

:p

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's what I have my wife for :satellite:

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wish there wasn't such a flappy paddle fad. I have no use for them other than for racing, but they put them on freaking anything with wheels now, from compacts to minivans and trucks.

I've got flappy paddles on my SUV?! Where on the work van the audio controls are :( And whenever I back up with a trailer or am maneuvering in tight quarters, I trip a flappy paddle because I'm not looking where the paddles on the wheel are to avoid touching them while turning the wheel.

And I've driven a sporty car with flappy paddles and given them a whirl a few times. First, second in 6 secs gosh sorry above the speed limit already ... 4-5 more gears for nothing. If I want to drive sporty, just give me stick shift, old school style, I used to enjoy that, but one speedtrap ticket while I wasn't even in a rush, and being lied to about what speed I was driving, introduced cruise control pretty quick. Now I prefer to beat the avg high fuel economy. LOL.

Plus, right now I've got Flo (snapshot) driving with me so I need to pay extra attention to what I'm doing ;) I hate it when she goes no discount with a sudden light change or when somebody cuts you off.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I agree, I do not like the paddles. I want a clutch and a stick. My 2003 600hp twin turbo G35 has a stage 2 clutch and a short throw. First gear is a waste of time, after that, it's a rocketship. And what is nice about it, is it's still a 6 cylinder, so if I'm not getting on it and boosting, I still get 20+mpg's.

DSC05318.JPG

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sweet. Never had that much hp under foot. 300 seems eh plenty ;)

I've actually thought a couple times about getting a dash cam because I've had a few close calls, where a vehicle came at me, and had I or my vehicle not been able to avoid the accident, it would have been good and possibly critical to have a recording, in case i'm in a coma or in rabbit heaven. Plus I've had a few incidents of road rage too, and it wasn't because I drove too slow or agressively, or cut someone off. Nope, just people with too much testosterone? Drunk? Jealous of people driving a new car?

Plus I see people running red lights every day. Bound to be one with an accident.

I have looked on dashcamtalk and others a few times, but I can never settle on one or another. Too many pros and cons in the details along the lines of, this is good that could be better.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That bad boy deserves more than a cheap dash cam, a personal film assistant maybe?