Optimized Blue Iris on Athlon

BillRitz

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to run Blue Iris on an Athlon dual core processor at 2.7 GHZ with 8 GB RAM and ATI Radeon 3200 video? I'm clicking on Direct to Disk recording, but when I add the 5th camera everything grinds to a stop. Blue Iris help basically told me to read the F'n manual on CPU reduction. Most of the articles for optimization talk about Intel. I don't know how to set things like Hardware Accelerated Decode. Where would find out whether my board supports any of them, and what gets picked if I leave it a "default"? Before I give up and put money into hardware, is anybody running on a dual-core Athlon 8GB machine?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to run Blue Iris on an Athlon dual core processor at 2.7 GHZ with 8 GB RAM and ATI Radeon 3200 video? I'm clicking on Direct to Disk recording, but when I add the 5th camera everything grinds to a stop. Blue Iris help basically told me to read the F'n manual on CPU reduction. Most of the articles for optimization talk about Intel. I don't know how to set things like Hardware Accelerated Decode. Where would find out whether my board supports any of them, and what gets picked if I leave it a "default"? Before I give up and put money into hardware, is anybody running on a dual-core Athlon 8GB machine?
You don’t tell us anything about the cameras or details about the processor. Regardless that old PC belongs in the trash. For 100 bucks you can buy a desktop that’s five times as powerful and several times more efficient in terms of power use

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please provide a screen shots. full frame (use windows 10 snip & sketch tool)
1) windows task manager process tab sorted by memory (most at the top),
2) windows task manager performance, GPU
3) Blue Iris Setting about tab
4) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph) clip storage
5) blue Iris status cameras

That is a very old CPU. What is the exact CPU model ?
What is your hard drive configuration ?

see Blue Iris Update Helper

compare CPUs

Last edited: