Optimizing Win 10 to Blue Iris

emersonvier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi I read topics about how to Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage, but I need some tips how to Optimizing Win 10 to Blue Iris, I have an computer only for BI Running Win 10 Pro.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... lets see...

Make exclusions in Windows Defender for the folders where Blue Iris stores video and its clip database.

Don't allow Windows to automatically reboot to install updates.

Don't allow Windows to update your graphics driver (if using Intel Quick Sync hardware acceleration).

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will BI work with Quick Sync on a Windows 2016 Server?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I imagine it would. Though I would never choose a server OS for BI given how much more it costs.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't worry about updates and restarts, but I haven't thought about the Windows Defender one in a long time. Good reminder.

LostGuy

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had good luck using Windows 10 "Decrapifier" to get a clean base load prior to installing BI. It removes a bunch of the bloatware MS bundles, disables most telemetry, etc. I also manually disable a bunch of the network discovery services that MS insists on enabling by default and install the SNMP service for remote monitoring.

Locking driver updates (especially video driver) is a good idea to prevent unexpected problems.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've had good luck using Windows 10 "Decrapifier" to get a clean base load prior to installing BI. It removes a bunch of the bloatware MS bundles, disables most telemetry, etc. I also manually disable a bunch of the network discovery services that MS insists on enabling by default and install the SNMP service for remote monitoring.

Locking driver updates (especially video driver) is a good idea to prevent unexpected problems.
Always use ms media creation tool on any bi install for a clean base...