Options for fixed zoom 12mm+ cameras?

pepsican

n3wb
Reaction score
I've used allot of hikvision cameras on various installs and I like them but I have the need for some higher zoom cameras but have a hard time finding anything reasonable that has more then a 8mm lens. The cheaper cameras like the 2CD2085 / 2CD2385 or the less MP versions of those come up to 12mm but even those are hard to find in the US. In this case I really need something more like 24mm+. A couple years ago I seen a site that was selling a lens you could swap into the turret I think that converted a 8/12mm into a 24mm or so but I can no longer find it. What fixed lens higher zoom cameras are out there that are not $500?

pepsican

n3wb
Reaction score
Was looking through hikvisions site and don't really see even the varifocal cameras having options more then 12mm. I guess I'll have to get a box camera with seperate lens?

Dahua Technology Pro Series 4MP Network Box Camera with WDR Technology (No Lens) + Fujinon CS Mount 5 - 50mm f/1.3 Varifocal Lens with DC Auto Iris
<$300 for 4MP 5-50mm varifocal seems reasonable assuming that lens will work on that camera, looks like it should?

The garage I need to watch is 150+ft away. It will have its own cameras on the building as well but they want one that can see everything from far away as well.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I know HiK makes models with a 32mm zoom ....

VF 8-32mm

Last edited: