Ordering from Overseas (Requesting Feedback and Ordering Experience, Thanks!)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I see many here are ordering Dahua equipment from overseas for their surveillance system needs--from places like Aliexpress--EMPIRETECANDY (Andy), etc. I wanted to get your feedback on your ordering experience.

Were you able to assure yourself getting the correct region with your system?

Were you able to request for the correct power plug?

How long did it take for your order to ship out with tracking number available for view?

Did you have any second-thoughts before and after placing the order?

Did you go the PayPal route as method of payment?

What were the precautionary / protective steps taken prior to ordering?

What was the legitimacy of the firmware pre-loaded onto the NVR?

Its my first time ordering from overseas, and I definitely don't want to feel like I'm being exploited being given the run-around. Its pretty frustrating and nerve-racking when not getting the direct answers you want, and being constantly reminded not to worry.

I'd greatly appreciate your feedback. I see many "many" users on this forum ordering from Andy, and just want the peace-of-mind and assurance that my transaction will go through smoothly.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Dropnbassonu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hear ya, it was my first time ordering something from Aliexpress too. I've only bought a few things from overseas before, mainly Yongnuo flashes, DSLR camera stuff from Ebay. I used PayPal since I had some credit there, and @EMPIRETECANDY was awesome. I bought my turret when it was in stock and had a tracking number and invoice in a few days. A few days later it arrived via DHL. I wouldn't hesitate to buy more from him. In fact, when funds line up I'm going to place a monster order for a PTZ, 5 more turrets, NVR, and whatever else I need to rebuild my moderately decent Costco Q See 3mp system.

Edit: The other thing to consider is the price savings. If you were to try to buy a similar system here in the US with warranty you'd be looking at paying nearly double. So for that price I'll take my chances with Andy....

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Also, were you concerned over NTSC / PAL compatibility?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I see many here are ordering Dahua equipment from overseas for their surveillance system needs--from places like Aliexpress--EMPIRETECANDY (Andy), etc. I wanted to get your feedback on your ordering experience.

Were you able to assure yourself getting the correct region with your system?

How long did it take for your order to ship out with tracking number available for view?

What were the precautionary / protective steps taken prior to ordering?

Its my first time ordering from overseas, and I definitely don't want to feel like I'm being exploited being given the run-around. Its pretty frustrating and nerve-racking when not getting the direct answers you want, and being constantly reminded not to worry.

I'd greatly appreciate your feedback. I see many "many" users on this forum ordering from Andy, and just want the peace-of-mind and assurance that my transaction will go through smoothly.

Thanks!
safe and reliable. Lol

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for your assurance Andy! :) I'm hoping this thread can become a new gateway for sharing buyer feedback and experience. This will be a win-win for all of us.

safe and reliable. Lol

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I will respond, but it's my 2nd post. I'm experienced with international sales & shipping, but take it for what it's worth. I understand your concerns.

I've been buying from China for that last 10 years. LiPo batteries for our RC crafts started coming out of Shenzen at about 1/5th the cost of the cells in the states. We would order from Hobby King and wait for our airmail or freight (slow). Sometimes you would wait 30 days before the package arrived, but we always got it and the items were just as good and a lot less expensive. They have evolved now with US warehouses, so it's easier nowadays.

To answer your questions:

1. I'm in the US. Andy (EmpireTech) states all his cameras come with English firmware. PAL or NTSC does not matter with digital IP cameras, only analog (a wealth of knowledge here).
2. Andy will accommodate your regional plug request. His customer service (before and after) is exemplary, a model every vendor should strive to achieve. His reputation preceds him.
3. 1 Day to ship. Three days in transit from China to New York. Shipping is free via DHL from Andy/Empire Tec/BEC.
4. The only second thought I had was did I order the correct camera for my solution. After reading everyone's experience with Andy/ET/BEC, I had no fears. Been dealing with China for a while.
5. Paypal is the way to go. You will receive an additional discount by waiting for your invoice directly from Andy.
6. Paypal has you covered for any fraud so I took no other additional steps, same as if I used MC/Visa/AE. Honestly, with all the communication with Andy, I'm not concerned.

Finding and communicating with a vendor like Andy is a huge asset. In my travels dealing with China, I have never had this level of customer service. Communication, pricing and availability is very straight forward with him. I don't know when he gets a chance to sleep?

Give him a shot. Use Paypal. Wait for his invoice. He will communicate and keep you informed every step of the way. He will also respond quickly to any questions you may have before you pull the trigger.

SD

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have nothing but high praise for Andy and can vouch for @Solar Deity remarks, his customer service is outstanding. If you care to read my comments #1842and #2124 in the HDW5231R-Z threadalong with feedback from others should provide you with all the confidence you need.

No need. I did ask the question to double check but Andy being on point automatically knew to supply an AU plug.

Only if I should order more cameras, and indeed I went back and added two more.

Yes. Easier and also only option as they were out of stock on his store.

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Received my first PTZ from Andy. Awesome pricing, no hassle and shipping was quick. I will also be buying from ANDY again.

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is really refreshing. I am total noob and made a few bad purchases by not knowing what I was doing. Have a decent system now but plan to make some upgrades in the area of 4k NVR and PZT starlight technology. I found Empire Tech storefront at AliExpress and am following it. Good to know I can avoid future headaches!

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Andy is the man. He told me when my camera shipped and I received it within 48 hours.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Another plug for Andy/Empire Tech. I don't know how Hong Kong to Syracuse, NY is overnight, but that's exactly how it went.

Arrived two days early.....

Attachments

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Another plug for Andy/Empire Tech. I don't know how Hong Kong to Syracuse, NY is overnight, but that's exactly how it went.
Arrived two days early.....
Main thing is DHL - Empire is willing to spend money on quality shipping where the others want to put a few extra yen in their pocket and ship e-packet. DHL is really the only quality international shipping provider and they do so really well! FedEX is okay but charges an arm and a leg, UPS does well but you have to pay with your first born child. We ship a few million dollars a month of inventory with 95% of our international shipments being DHL for a reason. DHL also handles customs issues really well.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks this thread is all about Andy, haha, and he has rest-assured me even through private message :)

gregbert

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll add my reassurances and experience as well.

After reading this board for a couple of weeks and finally deciding on the 4 or 5 camera models I wanted, I was ready to order from Andy.

I've never done an international order and less than 5 domestic paypal orders. Luckily I had made a purchase late last year, so I knew my PP account was still active and working.

Late Sunday night (~21:00) I sent a private message (conversation) to Andy indicating the types of cameras and quantities I wanted. This would be his Monday morning and within 15 minutes he had replied with current prices and stock. Over the next hour or so, we exchanged a couple of emails, including my PP info and shipping address. By 23:00 I had a PP invoice and had authorized the payment. The next morning I had already received shipping notice from DHL. Being in Dallas, I expect to either get delivery on tomorrow or Thurs.

Assuming I get working products by then, I'll be like a school-girl backstage at a Bieber concert. I'm already really happy with the process.

Remember that English is not Andy's native language, so be clear and specific with your order.
He has lots of experience with the process, so he's gotten most of the details worked out, such as shipping/tax issues, domestic plug type, etc.

It's clear he's working hard to keep all of us happy since it's a win-win for everybody. His recent post related to a warning about some fraud issues and to be careful is just more indication that he is to be trusted.

I'll definitely be ordering more from him until whatever external forces come in and terminate this pipeline to toyland!

gk

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see many here are ordering [..] -from places like Aliexpress--
Just like your experience will vary with ordering from ebay within the USA, a lot will depend on the vendor/seller you are dealing with. Some are very good, and others less so... I would try to stick with the vendors which have a good reputation with the various forum members here.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Man I believe we've all been in your shoes. I felt like a paranoid freak for digging, asking questions, looking for referrals, and everything under the sun to make sure I was making a safe investment. In the end I invested almost $800 with Andy and he treated me great. I am currently trying to figure a way to pick up a few more cameras from him. I can't vouch for any other over seas vendors but I do trust Empiretecandy. He will be getting my money the next purchase I make for cameras.