Original English version - software updateble

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
L.S.,
I often see : original English version - software updateble ... and then I see lots of posts regarding difficulties in updating.
Is there a problem with the aforementioned description ?
Thank you,
W

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
and then I see lots of posts regarding difficulties in updating.
These are most likely lower-cost China market cameras sold internationally with tweaked firmware to make them English. Overwrite with stock firmware and they revert to China market cameras. Or stop working ('bricked')
original English version - software updateble
These are most likely higher-cost cameras configured at manufacturing to be sold internationally, and able to be updated with stock firmware.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
These are most likely lower-cost China market cameras sold internationally with tweaked firmware to make them English. Overwrite with stock firmware and they revert to China market cameras. Or stop working ('bricked')

These are most likely higher-cost cameras configured at manufacturing to be sold internationally, and able to be updated with stock firmware.
Ok, thank you.

W

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Now, I understand.