osman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have 3518c ip cams busybox installed. I have telnet access to them. Those cams has fixed timestamp and and model name as OSD on their stream. After each reboot cams times are not correct, mostly 1-2 minutes behind the current time. I did a search and it is commonly said Busybox don't have ntp or auto time update function. So after each reboot I must update time manually by logging inside cameras panel. This is really annoying and I can't find a proper solution for this. Finally I came up with the idea to remove camera OSD, if no OSD no timestamp basically. I checked cameras settings on browser panel and standalone windows app for OSD remove option. Sadly there is no option exists.. I am stucked.. I really want to remove cameras OSD. Is there a busybox command or any other method of removing OSD? Any help is highly appreciated...

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's nothing to do with Busybox - that's just a compact source of Linux command-line tools. You need to get into the camera-specific file system areas.
You will need to explore how the camera configuration is stored and see if there is anything you could edit.
The way configuration is handled will be totally dependant on the firmware that the cameras are running - of which there are many choices. 3518C is just the SoC/DSP chip.

osman

n3wb
Reaction score
It's nothing to do with Busybox - that's just a compact source of Linux command-line tools. You need to get into the camera-specific file system areas.
You will need to explore how the camera configuration is stored and see if there is anything you could edit.
The way configuration is handled will be totally dependant on the firmware that the cameras are running - of which there are many choices. 3518C is just the SoC/DSP chip.
Hi I attached system tree screenshot do you reccommend any folder?

Thanks for reply btw.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I suppose /home or komod might be candidates.
Why don't you just have a look around?
Use 'cat filename' to view text files.
Use 'cd /foldername' to change the working directory.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, so there is nothing in /home, and /komod is 'kernel objects' not configuration.
That covers my only suggestions.