OUCH... fried my brand new Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS

soundkite

n3wb
Reaction score
As unluck would have it, my 24v wireless bridge and 12v Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS have the same power adapter plug!!! It was inevitable and immediately upon connecting my camera to 24v, it went poof and smells like burnt electronics. I've already ordered a new camera, but I'm curious if there is any advice out there whether to even attempt a repair. I can't see any obvious burnt components inside the camera. I bought the camera from China. Thanks for any tips! Now pardon me as I go pass through the stages of suffering a loss. :sad2:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does it power on at all?

Check with your credit card. May cards cover accidental damage for 90 days after purchase. Amex gave me 400 after I stepped on my brand new glasses a few years back...went out and bought the same pair again, was more careful the second time :).

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Damn, once the magic blue smoke has been let out, it's generally difficult to repair. Yank it apart and have a peak, maybe you'll get lucky and just see a couple wires fried together...(probably not, but worth a try)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I once found a 2032 with 48v plugged in to it. It was fine. Maybe the 2732 uses different components for the power handling.