Outdoor PTZ camera for ocean air

JHS12

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear community,

does somebody have experience with outdoor PTZ cams that are installed close to theocean? Our house in Florida just some lots from the beach and the salt in the air lets everything age faster than anywhere else. Any recommendations what to buy?

Thanks a lot!

JHS12

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, VorlonFrog,

I am less worried about water tightness or dust, but corrosion due to salt. Having to do with plastics, I know what salty air and UV light will due to transparent thermoplastics. Do you, or anybody else here, have any experience with this?

Ugc

n3wb
Reaction score
I live on an island in Florida and it is maybe a quarter mile or less wide where my house is located. I’m closer to the river than the beach but close enough to hear the surf when it is rolling in. I use Hikvision and a couple of Dahua cameras. Both hold up reasonably well. Actually much better than outdoor light fixtures and door hardware. I just removed all the cameras to move down the street to a new house so I had a chance to inspect them carefully.

Some showed a little pitting after five years. I don’t think either brand held up any better than the other. I have been upgrading the cameras as I install them at the new house. The technology has progressed enough in the last five years so that rather than putting up the older cameras in some of the critical areas I decided to upgrade.

Bottom line is without the move and desire to use better cameras for the night view my cameras would still be in place.