Outdoor Wifi Camera

Reaction score
It appears one is a bullet camera and the other is a dome. Other than that, the specs are identical. Dome is primarily used for mounting on the ceilings and bullets for mounting on a vertical wall.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that that dome is a two axis dome and therefore cannot be wall mounted without a large mount holding the camera on a horizontal plane....the hikvision 2132F-IW can be wall mounted and has an SD CARD...That cam be purchased on aliexpress.
Nellys sells the 2mp version of the hikvision http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras/2-mp/hikvision-ds-2cd2120f-iw-outdoor-wifi-wireless-hd-2mp-ip-dome-security-camera.html
The hikvision will also have a wider horizontal field of view.
Both are good cameras.

Meanie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Keep in mind that that dome is a two axis dome and therefore cannot be wall mounted without a large mount holding the camera on a horizontal plane....the hikvision 2132F-IW can be wall mounted and has an SD CARD...That cam be purchased on aliexpress.
Nellys sells the 2mp version of the hikvision http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras/2-mp/hikvision-ds-2cd2120f-iw-outdoor-wifi-wireless-hd-2mp-ip-dome-security-camera.html
The hikvision will also have a wider horizontal field of view.
Both are good cameras.
One reason I'm now staying away from Hikvision is based on the information from their tech support. I asked several questions about their WiFi cameras and advice for my needs. The tech indicated their WiFi cameras are 802.11g max. I have an AC router and was hoping there would be newer cameras with AC capability, if not, at the least, an "n" capability which is still sufficient. The fact they are still using the ancient "g" bothers me. The Dahua brand uses "n" and a deciding factor for me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
One reason I'm now staying away from Hikvision is based on the information from their tech support. I asked several questions about their WiFi cameras and advice for my needs. The tech indicated their WiFi cameras are 802.11g max. I have an AC router and was hoping there would be newer cameras with AC capability, if not, at the least, an "n" capability which is still sufficient. The fact they are still using the ancient "g" bothers me. The Dahua brand uses "n" and a deciding factor for me.
@Meanie The information you got is not correct.. The cameras are N... I have used them on N only networks... The specs indicate true N as well...

No one is using AC...its overkill and since it runs on 5gh it doesnt have nearly the range as 2.4 N...
See the spec here
http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2014101515575593722.pdf
its lists N at 150mbps (obviously it can never reach those speeds, but it shows the camera is true N)...

Last edited by a moderator: