Outgrown Blue Iris - Need Options

mcapps

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Been loving Blue Iris. It's a fantastic VMS for its price and compared to the competition. We're needing to add an additional 20 cameras on top of the 64 we already have, and our executive team has asked that we integrate the new cameras into the same system. I know BI has a 64-camera limit; I'm wondering what others have done in this scenario. I'm limited to $500 for licensing new software, which drastically rules out applications like Milestone XProtect and Exacq due to their per-camera licensing. Free solutions like

I'm half tempted to simply build a second BI server and modify the UI3 web interface to have a "Page 2" which redirects to the second server. They'd have to log in every time, so it wouldn't be very seamless, but I'm out of ideas other than that.

Thoughts and ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What about this?

Go with second PC server with BI on different static LAN IP, on viewing PC install a second monitor, set Windows display for 'Extend', open 2 browser windows (1 in each monitor), one monitor to display UI3 for cams on existing server #1, the other monitor displays UI3 for cams on new server #2.

There's something to be said for your praise of BI and most likely, your familiarity, versus the learning curve of new VMS software and the associated expense.

Last edited: