Over-allocation error on Windows-share

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've tried to setup off-camserver storage for my long-term video retention. 8TB drive with zero files on it. BI shows over-allocation error if I connect to the network share either directly in BI, or via a mapped drive configured on the BI host. If I check the option for "Do NOT monitor free space (for some NAS)", the error goes away, but the video files are never copied over with my "move to folder" rule setup on the "Stored" folder. Latest BI and tried restarting the service, but BI still refuses to write to the network share.

Network share is currently setup with "everyone" full control for troubleshooting, and I can write the full 7.2TB of data with test tools without any issue. It is not permissions related, and the drive has 100% free space right now. I've tried setting BI to only use 100GB of the drive, but the issue persists.

Ideas?

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I figured this out awhile back - it just clicked while I was at work. The default service account on Windows is local - it doesn't allow network access. Updating the service to run as a custom user allows network access.

I wasn't putting the disk space error and permissions together in m y head - they didn't seem related on the surface.