Overlay weather ?

69Mirek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

One license for Blue Irys 5 allows you to generate Overlay weather on only one camera?

Mirek

69Mirek

n3wb
Reaction score
How to add Weather Overlay when the camera is on NOIP.com.
Locally (192.168.1.110) is correct

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the camera's video stream is coming into the BI server in any method or route (USB, network either via LAN or WAN) you can add a weather overlay to that stream.

The overlay is implemented on the BI server by BI Tools. BI Tools gets the weather info from wunderground.com and writes the info into a text file and BI retrieves those, puts into a macro and you decide which ones get overlayed and where on BI's camera view. BI Tools determines where the weather info comes from geographically.

EDIT: BI Tools online "Help"

Last edited:

whoami ™

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ive been wondering how to get my own temp readings... e.g. temp & humidity in my garage. I know googles my friend, but since someone else started this thread figured run with it and give it a shot

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ive been wondering how to get my own temp readings... e.g. temp & humidity in my garage. I know googles my friend, but since someone else started this thread figured run with it and give it a shot
Check out @Mike 's reply to @Trsbbs here.

As a variation on what @Trsbbs wanted, if you could get your garage data into a .txt file in BIT, assign macro(s), use "none" instead of WU station ID, I think you should be able to display that overlay using BIT.\

EDIT: @whoami ™ , FWIW, I changed permissions on the BIT folder "\txt" to allow me to write a .txt file in there named "test.txt", modified the cam's "video", "overlay" so that %1 contained "test.txt' and BIT displayed its contents as an overlay. You should be able to write your garage data as a txt file in there (if possible) and modify the macro to look in that text file for the value and display it as an overlay. One .txt file for temp and one for humidity, macro %1 for temp and %2 for humidity.

Last edited:

69Mirek

n3wb
Reaction score
On a camera that is streaming (ipcamlive), and uploads the image to the website. I want to put weather information on it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On a camera that is streaming (ipcamlive), and uploads the image to the website. I want to put weather information on it.
Perhaps English is not your first language which may be what complicates this, but having to pull info from you a piece at a time doesn't make it easier for anyone here to help you.
Your original post should, if possible, state what you have, in its entirety, and what it is you want to do.

This is what I'm talking about...is it YOUR camera and YOU have access to it?

69Mirek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

Yes, I know English is poor.

How do I configure BI5 to have a NOIP overlays weather on the camera.
I am not where the camera is. I can access it via http.

In BI5 on my computer it works, but I don't see it when connected via streaming (ipcamlive)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In BI5 on my computer it works, but I don't see it when connected via streaming (ipcamlive)
First off, I commend you for trying...I speak a little Spanish and admit it is not at all very good.

How do you view the stream on ipcamlive (when you don't see it) ?

Sounds like you need to get the camera to embed the overlay and that will depend on the camera's built-in webGUI (firmware) features. If so, not knowing anything about the camera, I cannot provide the best answer.

69Mirek

n3wb
Reaction score
So this service may not work on every camera. And when it comes to Dahuas, for example, I have several of them with Panoramas

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So this service may not work on every camera.
That's correct when it comes to requiring that the camera itself be able to provide the overlay without using additional or external stream processing (such as Blue Iris).

Blue Iris adds the overlay to the camera's stream but then you have to either view that stream on the BI server console, from the BI server's webserver (UI3) or on a video player such as VLC (in which it would look at the camera stream outputted by Blue Iris with the overlay added).

There are likely other software products that can append an overlay to a supplied video stream.

69Mirek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

But on Dahua cameras this should work fine.
Do you know about problems with Dahua cameras?

Mirek

69Mirek

n3wb
Reaction score
And can I give you the camera address and password and ask for a test?

Mirek

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And can I give you the camera address and password and ask for a test?
I'll do my best.
Send me the logon in a PM (Personal Message) located in upper right corner, next to my username, click on "Start a New Conversation".

IPCT_pm.jpg