P5415 Mounting hardware? Screw and anchor size...

Shaggy D

n3wb
Reaction score
Reaction score
Mainly depends on what kind of mounting surface your trying to fasten to. There are so many variables that Axis can't reliably recommend a fastener.
This camera is somewhat front heavy but I've never had one fall off a wall.
What are you mounting to?

Shaggy D

n3wb
Reaction score
Mainly depends on what kind of mounting surface...
Cinderblock, (hollow). Done already :). I just decided to wait until being onsite until I determined the situation since a hardware store was only 7 minutes away.

3/8" holes, rigid plastic anchors, large washers and 2" screws did the trick. It was nice having the oversized holes in the brackets so I could fine tune the plumbness as I was tightening everything down. That camera was a nice package to work with by the way.

Reaction score
I like the P5415. There are many times a full 360 degree PTZ is not needed and it filled the need. Too bad Axis decided not to produce them any more.

Shaggy D

n3wb
Reaction score
I like the P5415. There are many times a full 360 degree PTZ is not needed and it filled the need. Too bad Axis decided not to produce them any more.
I was doing work for a local government who likes to move slowly. They bought these new just over 5 years ago & are just now getting them hung and connected, HAHA. Building manager expects the IT dept might have them online in about 6 months :)