Painting Camera

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi,

is it okay to paint the white housing of the hikvision cameras to black. i want the cameras to blend in with the background and can't find any black hikvision or dahua cameras available.

if so, what type of paint would be preferred? any other tips and & tricks are much appreciated

thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if its exposed to the sun at all its not advisable.. otherwise any ole rattle can paint will work on metal, I'm fond of Rustoleum brand.. if plastic you can dip it in plasti-dip, the stuff they coat tool handles with.. peels right off if you change your mind and holds up well.

darrenph1

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
if its exposed to the sun at all its not advisable.. otherwise any ole rattle can paint will work on metal, I'm fond of Rustoleum brand.. if plastic you can dip it in plasti-dip, the stuff they coat tool handles with.. peels right off if you change your mind and holds up well.
@nayr Does spray paint stick better or is it just easier? In our new place I finally got Home Depot to paint match our house but I'd have to brush it on. This camera will have no direct sunlight contact at the front door

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Spray will always give you a better finish, brushing it is likely to leave behind brush strokes.. if needing to brush I'd use a sponge brush and apply a couple very thin coats til it looks good.