Pan and Tilt issue with the Dahua PTZ SD59430U-HNI

seper8tor

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently received my Dahua PTZ SD59430U-HNI
from this seller:
Original Dahua English version SD59430U HN 4MP 30x H.265 H2.64 Network IR PTZ Dome Camera with POE IP66 with Dahua Logo-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

This is my 10th IP cam from them and till now have had no issues.

My current all Dahua setup is:

7 x HFW4431R-Z
2 x SD22204T-GN
1 x SD59430U-HNI
24 port Netgear router with 12 port POE.
QNAP TS451+ and surveillance station software.

I received the SD59430U-HNI yesterday and installed using cat 6 cable and the supplied 24 volt transformer brick. When power is added to camera it goes through the power up routine fine by rotating and tilting so I assume the PTZ motor is fine.
The problem is that after doing the normal IP address modification and setup to conform to my network, I am able to connect to the camera via IP but I am not able to affect any of the Pan or Tilt functions. I am able to receive video from the camera. The camera will zoom in and out and the manual focus seems to work but no Pan or Tilt functions using either of the 2 PTZ protocols I can select from.(DH-SD1 or DH-SD3). The other odd thing is that although I can zoom in/out, the camera does not seem to refocus after doing so and will only focus within a narrow range if I zoom in on an object. My other cameras auto focus no matter the zoom level and all functions work as expected.

Any ideas on this? I am tempted to open the camera myself to see if there are any loose connections to a control board some where as boxing this camera up and the expense of shipping back to China is something I'd obviously rather avoid.

Thanks for any ideas or assistance.

Also, if anyone has time and wants to take a crack at the settings through teamviewer, feel free to email me at jimo@cox.net.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe Ive seen a firmware update for this; contact your seller.. it shoulda came with it.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Which firmware are you using? As i know this problem before, if you upgrade the main firmware, the PTZ function lost, so you have to add a PTZ part firmware.
If your seller can't solve it, i can support you. You can contact me privately. i Can send you the all firmware.

seper8tor

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks much for the help! I believe it is a firmware issue. The seller says that he shipped the camera with the latest firmware but I saw a newer version on
Dahua USA website so I tried that. The camera now moves but after a few seconds of moving it will go into a reboot loop until I pull the power. I think its a PTZ firmware incompatibility with the main firmware so I have requested the firmware files from EMPIRETECANDY who has been generous to offer them. I'll update how it all goes!

seper8tor

n3wb
Reaction score
lesson #1: dont go applying firmware just because you can... If its not broken; then dont break it.
Yep, wise words! Haven't bricked anything yet but have had to raise a few BMW modules from the dead after failed programming. Newer is not always better!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks much for the help! I believe it is a firmware issue. The seller says that he shipped the camera with the latest firmware but I saw a newer version on
Dahua USA website so I tried that. The camera now moves but after a few seconds of moving it will go into a reboot loop until I pull the power. I think its a PTZ firmware incompatibility with the main firmware so I have requested the firmware files from EMPIRETECANDY who has been generous to offer them. I'll update how it all goes!
Already sent, PTZ one normally we don't suggest to upgrade if no big bug. As i had many clients who do the upgrading and the PTZ function lost. But I help them solve it. Hope that firmware can help you find the PTZ function back. Just let me know if need further support.

seper8tor

n3wb
Reaction score
Still trying to get this thing to be stable. After updating firmware the camera's PTZ functions seem to work for a short time then it freezes during PTZ and reboots. Almost like a memory full/buffer overflow situation.

Here is my camera specs:
Device Type DH-SD59430U-HNI
Software Version 2.420.0000.11.R.301d, Build Date: 2016-09-12
WEB Version 3.2.1.377709
ONVIF Version 2.42
PTZ Version 3.00.41.RHNT

Any other ideas on what it may be?

seper8tor

n3wb
Reaction score
Underpowered could cause the same issue; have you tried using PoE+?
Bingo! I shortened up the line coming off the power brick and redid the connections from brick to my internal wiring to the camera and the problem went away! To much resistance in the connections and/or line length wasn't powering the camera enough apparently. I still may consider POE+ injector and use the current wiring to power mic/speaker. So after new firmware and improved wiring all is well! Thanks to all who helped!

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
lesson #1: dont go applying firmware just because you can... If its not broken; then dont break it.
And people ask me why I'm always firmwares behind, because of this ^

Same goes for Switches, Routers, WLC, CAPWAPS, ILO, Drac etc. :)

John Falck

n3wb
Reaction score
Which firmware are you using? As i know this problem before, if you upgrade the main firmware, the PTZ function lost, so you have to add a PTZ part firmware.
If your seller can't solve it, i can support you. You can contact me privately. i Can send you the all firmware.
Hi I have same problem and been searching for firmware. Update 6 ptz SD6C230T-UN couldn't get one to update and its the only one left with PTZ function. Would you be able to assist? clients upset and I cannot the firmware working on the one camera is the 2.400.0000.9.R.T4.301b.3N.NR, build : 2015-11-24 any other later firmware simply not have any solution.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi I have same problem and been searching for firmware. Update 6 ptz SD6C230T-UN couldn't get one to update and its the only one left with PTZ function. Would you be able to assist? clients upset and I cannot the firmware working on the one camera is the 2.400.0000.9.R.T4.301b.3N.NR, build : 2015-11-24 any other later firmware simply not have any solution.
Let me check for you and find you a ptz firmware , this can solve very easily. LOL

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Let me check for you and find you a ptz firmware , this can solve very easily. LOL
I just send you the firmware it required, though you not buy from us, but i am still be happy to help you for this, normally have to pay for the firmware. Only a joke, lol.
Upgrade firmware be sure update the main firmware and PTZ firmware at the same time.
I have these, i send you the 1706 for you.
upload_2018-4-22_22-42-48.png