paperweight camera HELP PLEASE

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok...this may take a couple days..but wanted to get the ball rolling on it..hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I bought 3 cameras from lightinthebox.com and 2 of them were "ok"... 720p 1mp cameras..onvif...hooked up and working fine...They looked like PTZ cameras, or at least pan/tilt cameras, but were not...Dome cameras, but with manual movement..so, set them up in place and that's where they stay...That was my own fault for not reading the description better...I digress....

One of the cameras I purchased said "P2P, Cloud, IP on the box"......... I assumed since it had an IP address, it would work with BI...I think I was wrong.... the instructions are less than adequate, and I can get the cam hooked up, but that's about it...

It picks up an IP address, and after several attempts of getting it opened in a browser window via the IP, I was able to get a picture on the screen. just not on BI

As I've learned, the concept behind these "P2P" cameras is not to access them with an IP address, but rather an "ID"... and the ID doesn't resemble a mac address or anything that can be referenced for/from BI...

The disk that came with it has a "cam finder" install to put on your computer to sniff out the camera...works good... just can't get any BI settings to pick it up..

http://www.lightinthebox.com/hd-wireless-wifi-ip-dome-camera-night-vision-motion-detection-ir-cut-support-iphone-andriod-app_p863894.html

^^^^ that is a link to the camera..DO NOT BUY IT..it makes a better paper weight than a security camera...

I posted the link in case someone who's more experienced than myself recognizes it, or has had a similar issue and can enlighten me on the set up procedure.

So, I'll let my true newbie colors show and beg and plead for anyone, who has any suggestions on hooking this camera up to be accessed by the IP address in BI, to help me out...Please...

Thanks...

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Problem solved

All fixed, finally the stars aligned with the moon and while i was standing on one leg with one arm up in the air, i found settings that finally worked!!!!

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
for anyone who may view this posting and chuckle to themselves, here is some more laughter medicine... The cam is really a better paperweight. Color is terrible, picture is just as bad. Waste of $80...