Part of the temp installation finished

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As i bought a house in December 2014 i have worked allot and didn't had much time and wanted to invest it into this i left it alone.
But , last week and the week before i finally mounted some Camera's on the front of my garage ;0

Mounted a couple of camera's on my building :)
Also i made a support so i could hang the ptz on the corner of the garage to have a better view.

But then i thought why not place it a big higher on top of the roof and i made some other supports

Time to place the camera's

Here is a video of the quality, and i am pretty satisfied actually.
At night its also ok, will make a video later at night mode.

2 other 4 Mp camera's hang on the wall, 1 has a 2.8 mm lens and thats the widest view, the other is 3.6mm that i need to adjust first.

for a bigger image click this link : im1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediaren ... 25/enhance

I know, its messy but hey haha the camera's work ;)
using a old accespoint to receive the internet from my neighbors but since they have a very weak Wifi signal i had to place it behind the front door.
There's is at the opposite side of mine and there ziggo modem is also located there.
Still the signal is weak so i can't receive any signal inside the house, here i used a ubiquiti AP that i had laying around so i broadcast the signal again ;)

Temporarily i connected those 3 camera's to a dahua nvr 4104-P just to have some image but this will be later on being done with a dedicated computer running Blueiris as i have at my parents there home.

What cam's have i used ?

2 x http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Dahua-4MP-Camera-IPC-HDBW4421R-IR-Full-HD-IP-K10-Support-POE-Dome-Camera-DH/32584723891.html - 3.6 and 2.8 mm lens
1 x http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ci4KK1DA

However i am pretty satisfied about the image quality off the ptz camera at day and night, but the height of the camera is not enough if i want to be able to look a bit furter.
so i am searching on the internet for a air tower, this is from i believe Clarke (manufacturer) and you can pump the tower up to 10 meters an release by opening a valve to let it slide in to a lower height.
Then mount this PTZ camera on top and with some flexible cables i can go up to 17 / 18 meters :)

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
looks great! You can even go a step further and place anti-bird spikes on the arm if want to help keep the cam clean and undisturbed.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's a great idea.
Going to make something for it indeed, since everything get's shit on haha

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
That is the same PTZ camera that I just purchased last Friday. It is scheduled for delivery this Friday. Thanks for sharing.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Guys
Do you know if this camera is compatible with windows 10?
let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Chewie

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how do you mean compatible ?
With the new Edge browser you mean ?
Not sure, i can test it but later this week with my tablet.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how do you mean compatible ?
With the new Edge browser you mean ?
Not sure, i can test it but later this week with my tablet.
not talking about the browser,
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 = this is one of the specs on the camera. that is why I ask.I need one camera for my back yard, I have one Huisun camera already, I was going to order a second one but i seen all the problems with customers complaining about shipping and canceling their orders, so I change my mind and order one of these cameras today, let's see how long does it get to California , I hope they can ship it before Chinese new year celebrations.
Regards.
Chewie

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ chewie
I do not know for sure but i think it has nothing to do with it ?
Maybe they are talking about the CMS software that comes with it, i haven't used this because i have blueiris and a NVR.
The software usually works on Windows 10 (CMS) if not try set it on compatibility mode.
But then again, why would you use the standard software, this is very resource willing compared to blueiris and less functional.

So i think you're good

@SyconsciousAu
Yes i did, its just a small router 600x900mm.
Imported this one from China but my first one was smaller and made it myself.
This one is cheaper in the end and works ok, probably not precise 0.0001 but for my work its great.
Even earn some money with it since i have to engrave and sometimes produce special parts made from plastics
(i am a plastic welder as profession)

Recently , last week, bought a galvo co2 laser engraver and probably the end of the year i'll buy a fiber laser and some parts to make another for metals ;)

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Very impressive work on the mounting, and I'm very jealous of your toys, but why does your neighbour have a plastic cow?

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Haha, i think he placed it there to see how the image from the camera is.
A bit like the test screens , its also black and white you see :)

Nah, i have no idea, he probably picked it up somewhere and started to love it.
Its there since i bought it and probably will stay a little longer haha

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One day i'll have use for a personal ptz!!!

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well i am actually looking for another one that has auto tracking/zoom that's well priced.
Going to place this one that in my radio tower when i get a permit to place it in the garden.

I wanted to transport this tower to France at my parents but now that i bought my own house recently i am going to try and put it up there.
Would be great to be able to have a view from about 28 Meters :)

These pics from from a Iqeye 753 if im not mistaking 2Mp

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
My Sunba 507-20XB camera is already at the local Fed Ex facility here in town six days after placing my order. Pretty good service for free shipping. It is still listed for Friday delivery though, so I'm not sure I will get it today or tomorrow.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well , "free shipping" doesn't excist :)
You paid for it only they do not show you the costs ;)
But indeed , it is quite fast, only downside of these company's suchs as ups/dhl/fedex etc is that customs her in the Netherlands always give out some nice invoices later on or pay at doorstep tricks.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Here in the US, custom taxes usually occur on items at the $200 level and up from what I read. I have never had to pay custom for any of the previous cameras I purchased. This camera was just $1 more than the most expensive camera I bought before from China (that was the Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ) and there were no custom charges for that camera.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah i see, well here in NL it is if you stay below 25 euro.
There is no additional costs.

When you stay below 150 € euro, you only pay tax in our case 21% over the costs of the package.
When you go over 150 € you will pay tax over the product / shipping costs and you will pay import duties over the product.
And not to forget the administration fee for the shipping company that varies between 10 - 17 euro

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ah i see, well here in NL it is if you stay below 25 euro.
There is no additional costs.

When you stay below 150 € euro, you only pay tax in our case 21% over the costs of the package.
When you go over 150 € you will pay tax over the product / shipping costs and you will pay import duties over the product.
And not to forget the administration fee for the shipping company that varies between 10 - 17 euro
They don't want your first born as well??? :nuts:

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
who knows haha, maybe that will be the next step.
Rules rules and more rules here, latest thing they wanted is since the gas prices are going lower at the moment.
Raise the price of gas to keep the asylum seekers "out".

But let's say this worked, we all know what happens next, this raise they have made up would be probably called asylum tax.
Will never go down again, and the rest of the money goes in pockets where it does not belong.
There are some upsides of living in Europe, but allot of down sides as well.