password for hikvision ip camera DS-2CD3T45-15...

JKMAC

n3wb
Reaction score
just got this camera from ALIexpress but without cd after repeated requests the message was no problem just log into web with ip address ,now was that not great !!! I am from Ireland and was directed to Hikvision uk . no help there, didn,t want to know . grey market etc etc . So I had a good door stop on my hands and waiting for someone to supply a solution . previous forum only covered firmware up to v5.3.6 mine is v5.3.8 GETTING TO THE POINT I DISCOVERED THE PASSWORD FOR MY CAMERA IT IS username ' admin ' and password is 1234567a this worked for my camera immediately .I hope this is of help to somebody .

Last edited by a moderator:

k0t4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just got this camera from ALIexpress but without cd after repeated requests the message was no problem just log into web with ip address ,now was that not great !!! I am from Ireland and was directed to Hikvision uk . no help there, didn,t want to know . grey market etc etc . So I had a good door stop on my hands and waiting for some kind person to supply a solution . previous forum only covered firmware up to v5.3.6 mine is v5.3.8 GETTING TO THE POINT I DISCOVERED THE PASSWORD FOR MY CAMERA IT IS username ' admin ' and password is 1234567a this worked for my camera immediately .I hope this is of help to somebody , I don,t like this practice of trying to close the market . The Chinese make great products and as a previous post said they should get their due profits not glorified shopkeepers.

Password should not be, because the new firmware and requires activation (that is, enter the new password) Apparently the Chinese have decided to simplify the process for the customer, but for some reason they had not given the password. Of course - it is their fault.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Password should not be, because the new firmware and requires activation (that is, enter the new password) Apparently the Chinese have decided to simplify the process for the customer, but for some reason they had not given the password. Of course - it is their fault.
They haven't simplified the process. It's because they've hacked the firmware into English.