Password Reset

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how to reset the password on a 7716N-E4/16P? I bought it off Ebay and the password isn't the default 12345 or 123456. I tried the code generator posted on the sticky and that does not work. I'm hoping someone has another suggestion. If I can't figure it out I'm going to have to return it as it was stated as 'NEW' which obviously isn't true if the password has been changed. I contacted the seller but haven't gotten any response yet.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try 123456789abc

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you being serious or just joking? I don't want to try too many more times as I'll be locked out then....

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you being serious or just joking? I don't want to try too many more times as I'll be locked out then....
I don't think it locks out if you are accessing it via the NVR. I received 3 new DVR with that password. I imagine it wants to enforce no short passwords.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can I do that on a Chinese NVR with English multi-language firmware? I thought I can't change the firmware.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can I do that on a Chinese NVR with English multi-language firmware? I thought I can't change the firmware.
So it didn't work?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would wait for the seller first.

Yes you can but you will need to read up before you do it. Let's wait for the seller first.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The seller responded that the password is admin12345, but I tried that and it didn't work either......

-Blank- ?
I'll try that in the morning. The NVR beeps really loud and my kids are already asleep.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope, none of them are working. So now I must decide to return or do the TFTP thing.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yea, i just sent one last message to the seller to give them one more chance. Otherwise I'm opening a dispute with eBay for full refund for item not as described, as if it were brand new like he/she stated, it would have the default password....

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, this is weird but I thought I'd try it one last time and it took the admin12345 password this time. It still won't take that password in i-vms-4200 however..

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, this is weird but I thought I'd try it one last time and it took the admin12345 password this time. It still won't take that password in i-vms-4200 however..
My phone auto caps the first letter. Maybe that's why