Password?

Lucky Dog

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased this camera, Loryta SD49225XA-HNR I need to change the IP adress, and to do that I need a user name and password. Do these come with a default? Does anyone know what the user name and password would be out of the box?
Thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have to initialize it first and set a user and password. Do a factory reset and start over.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your internal IP address (LAN) is probably different than the default IP address of the Dahua OEM cams. The default IP address for Dahua cams is 192.168.1.108.

The easiest way is to take a laptop or computer (if it has an ethernet port) or a tower and turn off wifi and connect the camera cable to the laptop (obviously you need power so if it is on a POE switch then connect a cable from the switch to the computer).

Then go into ethernet settings and manually change the IP address of the laptop to 192.168.1.100.

Then go to a browser and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Then change the camera to the IP address range of your home network (using the IPv4 settings), but have the last digits something not already assigned.

Then go back into ethernet settings and change the computer IP address back to what it was previously (probably DHCP)

Then replug in everything like it was and proceed from there.

Or download Dahua toolbox and run the batch config tool where you can Initialize the camera and change it's IP, but most of us do what I mentioned above as we do not like our cameras touching the internet.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us here know that the Dahua and Hikvisions of the world do not cater to the "consumer" market - their target audience is professional installers, so we are considered "prosumer" and we are fortunate to get our hands on these types of cameras and NVRs instead of consumer grade junk and not having to go thru professional installers to get quality gear. Now the downside is we get them at a discount and without manuals and Dahua support and thus are on our own to figure it out. And we are just fine with that! That is what forums like this are for!!!

Lucky Dog

n3wb
Reaction score
Your internal IP address (LAN) is probably different than the default IP address of the Dahua OEM cams. The default IP address for Dahua cams is 192.168.1.108.

The easiest way is to take a laptop or computer (if it has an ethernet port) or a tower and turn off wifi and connect the camera cable to the laptop (obviously you need power so if it is on a POE switch then connect a cable from the switch to the computer).

Then go into ethernet settings and manually change the IP address of the laptop to 192.168.1.100.

Then go to a browser and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Then change the camera to the IP address range of your home network (using the IPv4 settings), but have the last digits something not already assigned.

Then go back into ethernet settings and change the computer IP address back to what it was previously (probably DHCP)

Then replug in everything like it was and proceed from there.

Or download Dahua toolbox and run the batch config tool where you can Initialize the camera and change it's IP, but most of us do what I mentioned above as we do not like our cameras touching the internet.
Thanks.
I tried this. After changing my computers IP, I was able to connect to the camera. The first thing I see is a log on screen that needs a user name and password. This is where I get stuck. I tried admin admin with no luck.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The first screen should be the initialization to set the country and create a user and password.

Do a factory reset (hold the reset button and power it up at the same time and hold it for at least 15 seconds or until you hear the IR filter click).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A few of my recent cameras, despite using Internet Explorer, it would start at the user and password screen. One camera the factory reset got me to the initialization screen. Another camera I tried a different browser and it started with the initialization screen. So if you are still having issues, try Edge and Pale Moon.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you everyone.
The reset worked. I am now up and running. Now I just need to get the camera mounted and the cable run.

Thanks again!
I know all about that! I have 2x 49225's still in their boxes, since Black Friday, waiting to get installed but I think I'll wait for the spring to come :)

Reaction score
I just purchased this camera, Loryta I need to change the IP adress, and to do that I need a user name and password. Do these come with a default? Does anyone know what the user name and password would be out of the box? apartments for sale in turkey
Thank you
it would start at the user and password screen. One camera the factory reset got me to the initialization screen.

Last edited: