Pc configuration

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok I’m a complete noob but I’m jumping in to this ip camera and blue iris thing. This is one of many questions I will have to make sure I get it right.

My buddy who is a nerd for computers is setting me up an optiplex pc he got off ebay. Here is what I know about it.

I7 6gen
16 gb ram
500gb ssd
Graphics card
Win 10 pro

He has moved the ssd to another slot and added a 4tb wd purple

He added another Ethernet port

He installed the trial BI and we are waiting for the new release to purchase.

Wiped all the junk programs off the windows 10 and has it and the blue iris on the ssd and I believe has it set up to store the video on the wd.

Is there anything else hardware or software I would need on this machine? I want it to be a complete machine before I bring it home.

He has a lot of other components on hand and is asking if I think I might want to upgrade the processor to a 7th or 8th gen because he has some on hand and would basically swap out for price difference. Also asked about an m2 chip. He mainly builds gaming PCs and is all about speed and performance.

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Windows should be installed cleaning using MS media creation tools.
Ok so if I understand this right wipe it and do a clean win 10 install using the MS media creation tool? I’m not sure but I think he might of done that, I can’t remember. He said he took some stuff off because windows 10 came with some stuff like candy crush or something stupid like that. I’ll double check thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I just did clean installs of win10pro on 4 PCs using the media creation tool. And yes Candy Crush is included, for whatever that's worth.