PC for remote monitoring and recording from multiple IP Cams?

remoras

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi people, I want to build a pc with which I'll be able to monitor and record the feeds to an HDD from 12 ip cams from various locations/cities in one screen, I'm based in Greece and my budget is around 350/400 euros or 425 US$. The use of this build will be only for surveillance and nothing else, in the above budget I don't include the screen. The PC will monitor and record 24/7.

As I see it (I'm not tech savvy) I need a I3 or I5 intel cpu, a HDD at least 2TByte, I believe a simple motherboard and GPU would be fine?

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi people, I want to build a pc with which I'll be able to monitor and record the feeds to an HDD from 12 ip cams from various locations/cities in one screen, I'm based in Greece and my budget is around 350/400 euros or 425 US$. The use of this build will be only for surveillance and nothing else, in the above budget I don't include the screen. The PC will monitor and record 24/7.

As I see it (I'm not tech savvy) I need a I3 or I5 intel cpu, a HDD at least 2TByte, I believe a simple motherboard and GPU would be fine?

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you
The pc you need will depend on the software you use and/or the resolution of your 12 cameras.

remoras

n3wb
Reaction score
With the PC I'll use Blue Iris on windows 7 or 8, I just want to know for a surveillance system is a I3 cpu enough with 6gb ram, I suppose I don't need a special gpu or a special motherboard. I think a resolution of 1280x960 (720p) is ok.

Thank you again fenderman