PC questions

Reaction score
I just received an optiplex 7040 that I ordered from Ebay. See attached description. I was under the impression the SSD was going to be a 2.5in in a caddy and there was going to be an optical drive as well. As you can see from the pic there is neither. The SSD is an M.2 stick. I would be fine with that except now I'm not sure how I'm going to add a second WD purple HD for my camera footage. There does not appear to be any 15 pin sata power connectors on the motherboard. The only SATA power I can find is a 6 pin connector. Is there a 6 pin to SATA power cable? What would be the best way to do this? The seller says no returns, but it seems the listing wasn't entirely accurate. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

aamuk

n3wb
Reaction score
The cable you need is Dell P/N 0HG2F3 (or just HG2F3).

Or if you don’t have the cage and caddy as well, how about something like:

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
The cable you need is Dell P/N 0HG2F3 (or just HG2F3).

Or if you don’t have the cage and caddy as well, how about something like:
Thanks so much! One other question. Am I able to add a second NIC on this motherboard?

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

aamuk

n3wb
Reaction score
You’ve should have 2 spare PCIe slots on the SFF so it should be ok. Just look for a low profile card or one that has the smaller plate included.

aamuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Also if you use the shorter PCIe 4x slot, you’ll still have the PCIe 16x slot available if you decide to upgrade the graphics in the future.

aamuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, that’s fine. Just make sure it also includes the smaller low profile bracket as the one in the picture is the full height one.