PC Speaker don't sound when camera is triggered

john4204

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, hope someone can assist...I have BI4, 9 cameras all working and when trigggered record video...my PC speakers work when viewing a Youtube video and when I play a movie or mp3. I have each camera set to trigger an alert for the PC speakers, but when tested...no sound, config output wav file in my blue iris 4 folder. the path to the wav is accurate and the alarm.wav plays if I click on it in folder explorer. The PC speakers used to work on BI4, but they don't now...not sure what I might have done.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you post a screenshot of a camera's "properties", "alerts", "sound an alarm using PC or camera speaker", "Configuration" page?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just for giggles try changing the dropdown to the audio device from "not specified" to as it is listed in your Windows "Control Panel", "Device Manager", "Sound, Video and Game Controllers".

Screenshot_102819.png

john4204

n3wb
Reaction score
Tony R gave a suggestion: I was running BI4 on my H: drive in my computer....I moved the program to my SSD C: drive and the sounds came back on, and I am sure other aspects that I noticed will function properly.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
It this possible to make a sound on my PC when camera is triggered by deep stack person or vehicle? I have tried setting it up and when i hit the test button(configure sound alert) I can hear alarm wav. sound but not when I trigger the camera.