PC Specs for Blue Iris - 4mp cameras

Reaction score
Hi, I just installed 2 - Hikvision 4mp Turrets and am running Blue Iris on an AMD A10-5700 cpu with 8gb or Ram. With only 2 cameras the CPU is overloaded and I can't figure out if it is the way I have the program set up or if the PC just needs to be more powerful. Any thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I just installed 2 - Hikvision 4mp Turrets and am running Blue Iris on an AMD A10-5700 cpu with 8gb or Ram. With only 2 cameras the CPU is overloaded and I can't figure out if it is the way I have the program set up or if the PC just needs to be more powerful. Any thoughts?
AMD is a bad choice for running blue iris..it is not power efficient and cannot blue iris cannot use hardware acceleration unless you have intel hd with quicksync. If you just purchased this system, return it. That said, your cpu can easily handle your cameras and more...you MUST set all cameras to record direct to disk, record>file format. Also this will NOT work in the demo, install the license key.

Reaction score
Thanks so much! Yeah I just had the pc laying around. Never purchased it for cameras specifically just happened that way. I'll try the direct to disk. I don't think it's set that way now. Appreciate the help!