Pecham Cameras

igiddyuup

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Pecham camera (PECHAM 960P on amazon - the model is showing as f136 within the camera's web page) and I'm having trouble getting Blue Iris to recognize it. It doesn't know what to make it when I use the inspect button. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this thing to be recognized by Blue Iris?

I'm also using Blue Iris 3.x.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Pecham camera (PECHAM 960P on amazon - the model is showing as f136 within the camera's web page) and I'm having trouble getting Blue Iris to recognize it. It doesn't know what to make it when I use the inspect button. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this thing to be recognized by Blue Iris?

I'm also using Blue Iris 3.x.
return that junk...it will not support any third party software...reviews are fake Fakespot | Pecham 960p Hd Wireless Ip Camera Surveillance Camera Wifi Security Camera Fake Review Analysis
also, update to BI4 its well worth the 30 bux.

igiddyuup

n3wb
Reaction score
Seriously? That blows. The picture quality is actually very good, but if it won't work my setup then it's useless to me. I called Pecham Support, it's a Chinese holiday and they will get back to me on Tuesday.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously? That blows. The picture quality is actually very good, but if it won't work my setup then it's useless to me. I called Pecham Support, it's a Chinese holiday and they will get back to me on Tuesday.
wasting your time on a junk camera and junk brand...your call..

igiddyuup

n3wb
Reaction score
I mean my other cameras are foscam, it's not like they are a good brand name either. But they work for what I need. When I'm only paying 30-50$ camera I don't expect high quality. I've had two foscams die on me over the past 5 years or so, but by the time they did they were outdated enough I wasn't that worried.

Are you 100% positive they don't work with 3rd party software? Is there some proof of it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I mean my other cameras are foscam, it's not like they are a good brand name either. But they work for what I need. When I'm only paying 30-50$ camera I don't expect high quality. I've had two foscams die on me over the past 5 years or so, but by the time they did they were outdated enough I wasn't that worried.

Are you 100% positive they don't work with 3rd party software? Is there some proof of it?
foscam is complete garbage...even if you want to be cheap there are much better alternatives...this is a 50 dollar rebranded hikvision camera, https://www.amazon.com/ANNKE-Wireless-Progressive-Detection-connection/dp/B075DXFYVK/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1507318722&sr=1-2&keywords=annke+cube
50 bux free shipping via the annke site...dont touch their other cams...annke is a crap company, this happens to be rebranded hikvision..

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Hi igiddyuup, welcome to the forum

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

Reaction score
foscam is complete garbage...even if you want to be cheap there are much better alternatives...this is a 50 dollar rebranded hikvision camera, https://www.amazon.com/ANNKE-Wireless-Progressive-Detection-connection/dp/B075DXFYVK/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1507318722&sr=1-2&keywords=annke+cube
50 bux free shipping via the annke site...dont touch their other cams...annke is a crap company, this happens to be rebranded hikvision..
1080P HD High Definition Video Resolution IP Camera Online Shopping| annkesecurity.com

This camera is a SOLIDLY RELIABLE indoor camera, at the best price you'll find anywhere RIGHT NOW. Their sale price goes away in a few more days. This price and FREE SHIPPING makes it cheaper, better, and faster than getting the same re-branded camera from China, waiting too long to receive it, and having to provide your own power supply.

igiddyuup

n3wb
Reaction score
What about a PTZ version?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How is PTZ a gimmick? LOL
because you wont be manning the camera 24/7, will you? therefore, its best to capture the entire room with one or two cameras vs pt....cheap PT cameras were invented for sucker newbies...

igiddyuup

n3wb
Reaction score
because you wont be manning the camera 24/7, will you? therefore, its best to capture the entire room with one or two cameras vs pt....cheap PT cameras were invented for sucker newbies...
I do actually move mine fairly frequently, a few times a week at least. Let's me look around to find the dog or cat or missing drunk friend. Also, if I'm outta town I can look around to make sure there's not a broken window or something. I have a mixture of wide angle and PTZ (Well more like PT there's no actual zoom - I don't consider digital zoom as zoom). What I really need is a couple good outdoor ones but I really don't want to run the power through my attic so I haven't done that yet. The camera I mentioned in the original post I only bought because it was $23. But if I can't get it working with Blue Iris then I will return it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I do actually move mine fairly frequently, a few times a week at least. Let's me look around to find the dog or cat or missing drunk friend. Also, if I'm outta town I can look around to make sure there's not a broken window or something. I have a mixture of wide angle and PTZ (Well more like PT there's no actual zoom - I don't consider digital zoom as zoom). What I really need is a couple good outdoor ones but I really don't want to run the power through my attic so I haven't done that yet. The camera I mentioned in the original post I only bought because it was $23. But if I can't get it working with Blue Iris then I will return it.
if you have a camera that covers the entire room, why need one that moves? I dont get it...your shitty foscams were narrow angle. you wont get it to work with blue iris