perimiter monitoring with optex AX100/200

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with such kind of products ?

http://www.optex.com.pl/media/files/ax-100-200-plus.pdf

2nd hand they are not too expensive. (20 UKP each they are offered)

Only thing I fear is the errors they migh give in rain, leaves falling through and birds flying through.

These were introduced in 2009, so any change the light emittors age after number of year and they working less good ?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
rain leaves and birds wont trigger both detectors at any distance from the sensor because they are far too small.. did you even read that PDF you linked?

"And Gate" dual beams require simultaneous interruption of both beams to trigger an activation. No activation is generated when a bird or falling leaves break just one beam.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes i read it, but advertisements can be to nice to be true.
Also the timing of the lenght of the blocking of the light path seems to help as they describe.

It seemed a solution to mount them with some mounts at the inside of the fence at 10 cm below the top (at 190 cm high and than 20 cm away from the fence. This will than trigger on someone climbing the fence.
Would need 3 pair and than could cover the back and side fences.
One seller on ebay has them cheap and is open for an offer.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
typically the top sensor is aimed horizontally level straight out.. then the lower sensor downwards to the point in which you want to trigger.. when both the top and bottom detect motion it will trigger.. dogs/cats/critters wont be tall enough to ever hit that top beam, and small objects blowing/flying in the wind might break both beams, but not at the same time.. it'll break one then the other but not both simultaneously; so no trigger.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The size of one unit is 200mm, the 2 optical elements (either transmitter or receiver in one unit) are in the bottom part and are like within 5 cm of each other.
I have seen that they put 2 of them in a pole at the top and bottum, and i assume if you can combine them and need to break 4 beams false alerts which is very unlikely.

Edit: made offer for 3 pair for a price i want to try it out for. (100£ for 3 pair of ax100 including shipping)
Back offer for 110£ which is like 125€
Became 118.50£ since it needed to be shipped internationally.

Last edited:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So this is about 140€ /150$ for 3 recievers and 3 transmitters including shipping.

Plan is to buy recycled pvc square poles with hollow inside. Drill cable hole to the internal hollow space and use that for cabling and exit that below ground. As i need it for 3 sides, i will need 4 poles and 4 runs of conduit.