Periodic "Network disconnected" exceptions Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS Firmware V5.4.1 build 160525

ypoosn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I get periodic "Network disconnected" exceptions although my wired lan connection does
not show any problem in the router and camera is working properly.

log.png

I disabled WIFI in the settings of the cam. Maybe this is not considered properly and logging
complains about a non existing wifi connection?

I don't have a second cam for analysis,

Can anybody confirm or refute this guess

best gne

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
unless you have a managed switch your not going to get any details by looking at your router for errors.. it seems to be occurring with high frequency. Open a continuous ping to the camera and see if its registering any packetloss.

did you terminate your own cables? if so did you use T-568B? can you take the camera down and bench test it with a known good prefab cable?

ypoosn

n3wb
Reaction score
unless you have a managed switch your not going to get any details by looking at your router for errors.. it seems to be occurring with high frequency. Open a continuous ping to the camera and see if its registering any packetloss.

did you terminate your own cables? if so did you use T-568B? can you take the camera down and bench test it with a known good prefab cable?
Thanks for the hint.

So, I did the ping test as you suggested for about 30 min between 21:02 and 21:32 approx 1832 packets with 0 (zero) packets lost.

During this time no network disconnected events occured in the log but again right after finishing the test.

ping no disconnect.PNG

and my managed router (D-Link DGS-1100-08P) does not show any TX or RX errors.

Sorry to say, but I do not trust Hikvision firmware.

best gne.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your going to have to keep the ping open long enough that you see a disconnect in the logs or else your not really checking anything.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Agreed with nayr. Open not one, but two command prompts, and do a perpetual ping to both camera and NVR.

Bink

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m having this issue has well with the latest firmware—did you ever resolve this? An extended ping to the camera prevents this from occurring, but this is not an ideal solution. My managed switch shows no errors for the port, but does show the port going on and offline often.