Photography forum recommendations.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sooooo I decided to get a canon 80d package from Costco last night. Anyone know of any useful forums to learn how to take advantage of this camera?

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I really enjoyed Gordons reviews years ago, not a forum but good reading.
Agreed. Was a large part in my purchasing decision for my first DSLR several years ago.

Recently I've been a fan of the content Jared Polin from FroKnowsPhoto publishes, great personality and while he doesn't have a forum there is information to be gained from just watching his videos. Matt Granger is also a wealth of knowledge and has recently left Australia for the city that never sleeps.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks guys, reading now... hopefully the reviews don't tell me it's a bad nuy... got it on impulse.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks guys, reading now... hopefully the reviews don't tell me it's a bad nuy... got it on impulse.
I don't think you will regret purchasing it. At one stage was thinking about picking one up but between my existing Sony DSLR and RX100 point and shoot didn't see a need for it.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, just finished reading... biggest gripe is no 4k video which is something I don't care about... Looks like I'll be set for a while with this one... once I get a comfortable with it I'll get some more lenses that I see i already want.

Last edited:

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, just finished reading... biggest gripe is no 4k video which is something I don't care about... Looks like I'll be set for a while with this one... once I get a comfortable with it I'll get some more lenses that I see i already want.
True. I believe the cameras of choice for those who want to do 4K is the Sony A7S II.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Agreed. Was a large part in my purchasing decision for my first DSLR several years ago.

Recently I've been a fan of the content Jared Polin from FroKnowsPhoto publishes, great personality and while he doesn't have a forum there is information to be gained from just watching his videos. Matt Granger is also a wealth of knowledge and has recently left Australia for the city that never sleeps.
The video Matt did pretty much made it idiot proof, after that I started taking pics... pretty happy being able to get off auto mode....

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep, got the nifty fifty and a pancake lens(28mm)... I bought it mainly for family pics and landscaping.. but I want to tinker with long exposure shots and hdr as well. Fun project that works with my schedule of free time. Overall, I'm very happy with the 80d.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm probably gonna stick with prime lenses until a justify a L lens...i have a 18-55 and 55-250 stm.... the 50 and 28mm blow both of them out of the water, and is helping me to learn how to get the right shot. 85mm is def a good one... friend of mine is supposed to loan me his... im a big fan of try before buying.

Reaction score
I'm not sure I know what do you exactly need, but on FixThePhoto website I'm sure there is something)
I read there a nice article about how to pick up a camera for a different purposes, maybe it'll help you)

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This has become an expensive hobby, just bought a canon 70-200 f2.8 is2 L lens.... ive read quite a bit, now im just trying to gain experience with practice.