PIR Motion Sensor for Dahua PTZ Cameras

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone has recommendations for a PIR Motion Sensor which are known to work with Dahua PTZ Cameras?

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I would be interested, too, in what options are available for my soon-to-arrive SD49225T-HN PTZ camera. Forum member Crazykiller alluded to PIR and PTZ here.

A bonus would be a smart home system which has Alexa announce motion on the driveway or walkway.

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
camera is largely irrelevant. Choose detector(s) that are appropriate for your environment, goals, and budget.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
cameras just expect the alarm inputs to open and close like a switch. Motion detectors provide this type of output most often using a relay and they require power.

Power is one of the places you have some options. If you're powering your PTZ with 24VAC or 12VDC you may be able to using this power source to supply the detector (additional converter may be required). You can also run a wire to a power supply inside. I wouldn't bother trying to power it with PoE. Some motion detectors can even be powered directly off of 24VAC.

As for detectors, there are lots of choices with different range and sensor types. The most reliable ones combine 2 PIR sensors, a PIR sensor and microwave sensor, or 2 PIR sensors & a microwave sensor. All sensors have to trip for them to trigger reducing false alarms. Describe where you're trying to install it with a sketch/some pics if you want input.

RH-Atl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
do a search for optex OP-08. It is tempeture difference sensor that are comon on automatic store front doors.
I think @nayr did a post on one he uses.