PIR Question

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking for clarification on what it would take to connect a PIR to a Turret style camera. I see all these threads here and diagrams online about wiring them to alarm panels. I'm using IP cameras wired to a gigabit switch that then connects to my dedicated BI PC. What else would I need to set a PIR up?

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for clarification on what it would take to connect a PIR to a Turret style camera. I see all these threads here and diagrams online about wiring them to alarm panels. I'm using IP cameras wired to a gigabit switch that then connects to my dedicated BI PC. What else would I need to set a PIR up?
Remeber that hikvison turret cameras do not have alarm in.
You can also connect a pir sensor to blue iris using a sealevel network device like the 120e (see help file)

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can also connect a pir sensor to blue iris using a sealevel network device like the 120e (see help file)
I didn't realize that until now. If I had a dome or mini dome that did have the alarm in, would that above diagram work and be all that I need or would I still need something else?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't realize that until now. If I had a dome or mini dome that did have the alarm in, would that above diagram work and be all that I need or would I still need something else?
You would still need to power the pir. Also while BI can accept motion alerts from the camera I never tested whether BI can accept the alarm in from the cam.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ya I can use a PoE with a 12v splitter if I use a 12v PIR. I'm more comfortable running a second Cat6 then I am running cable and setting up an alarm, its more stuff then I need and would use so that's more practical since my PoE switch is 24 ports.

Reaction score
Hi Fenderman I have a similar question. Where is this "help file"? and how can I see it.

Reaction score
There is a big question mark at the top left of the blue iris interface. Also each window has a button for help.
Yeah, I got that. I guess I was looking for a little input on the sealevel. My seco-larm pir only puts out a short to ground but the sealevel 120e is looking for 5v or higher. I was wondering if you can option it for a short. I found the company number so I can also address a question to them. Thanks for your help.

Never mind. Looks like I misunderstood the little description online.

Last edited by a moderator: