PIR With Hikvision Camera

Bosch

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there - anybody get this to work with a PIR? I have a HIKVision with above terminals. I also have a Bosch motion sensor hooked up to my Hikvision Camera.
Bosch PIR ( Green = NC , White = Common) Hikvision Camera ( Green = Input , White = GND )

So I tried to get this to work as follows but I must be wiring it wrong:
ON PIR, I connected a wire to C and NC terminals .
ON CAMERA - I connected wire from C to GND and wire from NC to I (input)

Set the alarm input up in camera to expect a NC.

RESULT is the camera keeps recording (due to bad wiring it must be a NO)

NEXT STEP - reversed the wires and same result.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Jumper I to GND so as to test your setup. This bypasses the PIR so you know everything is working as it should. Obvious question, did you power up the PIR? Using a multi meter check to see if the PIR contact opens and closes as it should. When you connect the PIR to the camera it doesn’t matter how you connect the wiring as long as you use the common and either NC or the NO depending on the setup in the camera.

Bosch

n3wb
Reaction score
Did jumper trick , works fine and triggers only when jumpers are shorted . .......Also PIR is powered with its own 12 V , its powered up and detects movements etc etc. I have tried 2 different brand new PIRs ,
BOSCH SECURITY VIDEO OD850-F1 Outdoor TriTech Detector
and DG-85 . Same results on both , constant recording.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Doesn’t make sense. Everything works separately but not together. You have a multimeter? If you do check PIR output contacts. Then check with everything hooked together.

Just noticed your post saying the camera triggered when you put in the jumper. Whatever state you have the camera set at, change it. Apparently your camera wants to see a closed contact to trigger. You used C and NC to trigger the camera so it is triggering constantly since the contact opens on alarm.

Last edited:

Bosch

n3wb
Reaction score
Did the trick , thx . Hikvision Cameras will work when PIR is set to Normally Open . I used NO and common on PIR and set up camera to NO for alarm . Does the trick , thanks bro...