Pixelated color noise

BSD2000

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a strange problem. Using the web client during the night when the cameras are B&W - everything looks fine; but during the day, if there's no movement in the image I get pixelated color noise all over the image and distortions behind moving objects. After a few seconds, the image cleans up and looks perfect, but it slowly starts degrading again. All the cameras are set to direct to disk with the default encoding settings for the web client. The system has dual L5440 Xeon processors with 32GB of RAM and the CPU load doesn't go over 25%. Anyone else seen this problem?

Cam3_2.jpg Cam3_4.jpgCam3_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@BSD2000 Have you confirmed that the image on the actual server is fine and this is only happening in he webserver? If so try increasing the max bitrate.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have a strange problem. Using the web client during the night when the cameras are B&W - everything looks fine; but during the day, if there's no movement in the image I get pixelated color noise all over the image and distortions behind moving objects. After a few seconds, the image cleans up and looks perfect, but it slowly starts degrading again. All the cameras are set to direct to disk with the default encoding settings for the web client. The system has dual L5440 Xeon processors with 32GB of RAM and the CPU load doesn't go over 25%. Anyone else seen this problem?

View attachment 7345 View attachment 7346View attachment 7347
I was getting the same issue in one of my new cams and it turned out to be an i-frame setting being too high. Although I didn't use BI.