Pixelated Motion box

bamaster

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been trying to understand why my clips have a motion detection box around it and why it's very pixelated within the box. See the pics here, including that camera's settings.

I only want it to record if it detects motion. I don't particularly care about the highlighted box, but the pixelation is a problem for me. I can't even tell it's me! Thoughts?

blue iris box.jpg blue iris settings.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The playback of the recorded clip is highlighting the part that triggered the motion detection. You have a box checked probably inadvertently. An excerpt below from BI Help using a search of "test run" and then double-clicking results of 'Camera Properties - Motion'.....

"Another way to "see" what the software is detecting as motion is to open a recorded video in the viewer window, then right-click to select the Test run video through motion detector option. To use this feature, the video must meet these requirements:
  • The video must be BVR format.
    The camera which recorded the video should still exist
  • The video must begin with several seconds of video prior to the point of interest.
  • The video should not have been recorded with the highlight motion option enabled.
When you play the video it will pass through the motion detector using the settings for the camera which recorded it, with the addition of the highlighting feature to show motion and objects. In addition, portions of the frame which are masked out (not part of any zone) will be shaded."

bamaster

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow, I would have never found that!

I was able to uncheck that option during the playback and it went away. Thank you for your help! Cheers!