From BI:
Version: Release 4.6.0.0 x64
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz [8%]
RAM: 941.5M
Clips: 8947 files, 907.8G/1.56T
Storage: D: +262.7G, C: +201.4G

Computer: Elitedesk 800 G2, 8GB RAM

Hello,

When viewing the cameras remotely, either via a web browser or via the mobile app, the video goes blurry every 20 seconds or so. It does not do this if viewing directly in BI or directly through the camera's interface, its' also not present in recorded video. It does this on any camera that I select and also in the "all camera" view.

It does this on 2 separate systems, at 2 different location, both with the same computer setup.

HW acceleration is on (turning it off does not fix it), recording direct to disk. All cameras @ 15FPS, I frame @ 30(tried matching to 15, doesn't do anything).

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
From BI:
Version: Release 4.6.0.0 x64
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz [8%]
RAM: 941.5M
Clips: 8947 files, 907.8G/1.56T
Storage: D: +262.7G, C: +201.4G

Computer: Elitedesk 800 G2, 8GB RAM

Hello,

When viewing the cameras remotely, either via a web browser or via the mobile app, the video goes blurry every 20 seconds or so. It does not do this if viewing directly in BI or directly through the camera's interface, its' also not present in recorded video. It does this on any camera that I select and also in the "all camera" view.

It does this on 2 separate systems, at 2 different location, both with the same computer setup.

HW acceleration is on (turning it off does not fix it), recording direct to disk. All cameras @ 15FPS, I frame @ 30(tried matching to 15, doesn't do anything).

Any ideas?
Thanks.

your images did not post...post a video.

Yetz

n3wb
Reaction score
Just fixed the images, I think. Trying to figure out how to post the video now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Video posted.
that is a new complete frame being sent by the webserver...(you can actually see this in some cameras as well depending on your settings)..post your webserver encoder options

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not an expert but on a couple of Axis cams I have I noticed setting the GOP down close to the FPS improved things. Mine are currently set to 15, But then I have no bandwidth concerns and tend to max out settings as much as possible unless the image deteriorates. If I understand correctly, Larger GOP number = better compression, smaller GOP more I frames per second, thus requiring more processing.

Yetz

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not an expert but on a couple of Axis cams I have I noticed setting the GOP down close to the FPS improved things. Mine are currently set to 15, But then I have no bandwidth concerns and tend to max out settings as much as possible unless the image deteriorates. If I understand correctly, Larger GOP number = better compression, smaller GOP more I frames per second, thus requiring more processing.
I lowered this and the problem became more frequent.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
" When viewing the cameras remotely, either via a web browser or via the mobile app"

Sorry just noticed - So this is only on the low quality substream?

Yetz

n3wb
Reaction score
" When viewing the cameras remotely, either via a web browser or via the mobile app"

Sorry just noticed - So this is only on the low quality substream?
Not sure. Is that the stream that BI uses for the web server? Can it be changed?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can I attach the original video to this post? Can't see it very well in YouTube.

Now it's only doing it in group view. Here are some screenshots:

you can post a dropbox link...i cant see anything in the images...