Pixelation happening every 20sec in the app and every 40 seconds in UI3

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've noticed this in the android app while looking at live footage on my cell phone every 20 seconds the screen becomes noticeably pixelated for about 2 seconds. If I open UI3 in a browser on my android phone I see the same thing but at 40sec intervals. I used my other phone (apple) to view live footage using UI3 and live footage using the app on my android phone and in the app it pixelates every 20 seconds and every second time it pixelates it seems to be synced with the UI3 running on my apple phone. I don't see this pixelation on my desktop either in UI3 or in the program. All my cameras do the same thing no matter which one I use.

The recorded footage is not affected from this pixelation. Any ideas what could be causing this?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
In addition to what @bp2008 said, you probably are using the default stream profile settings for UI3 which restrict the bit rate so UI3 adjusts accordingly to those default settings. You can tweak those settings for each profile to increase/decrease the bit rate. Hit the three dots at the top of UI3 and choose the streaming resolution you currently use. Then adjust the settings. For 1080 (which is the streaming profile I use), I have UI3 set to not limit the bitrate at all for LAN devices.

Last edited: