Planning my CAM / Doorbell setup - Blue Iris

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well - I've landed on a few things solid over the past few days. I'm going with the 5321 Cams around our home, with blue iris. I currently have a Ring Doorbell 2, which is pretty sufficient but within the return period. I'm trying to figure out what options I have for Blue Iris compatibility that basically mirror what I have with the Ring Doorbell.

1 - Standardish doorbell sized (the Ring Doorbell 2 size or smaller)

2 - Angled Bracket - able to angle out at 45 degrees'ish

3 - Wireless connectivity to WiFi signal

4 - powered via standard 2 wire transformer doorbell wires / transformer

5 - Motion Detection, Audio recording / 2 way audio playback / zone settings

6 - Able to use existing electronic doorbell inside house, which is also hardwired (diode connected to back of ring so the chime doesn't keep playing over and over again)

7 - along with #6 - is actually a "doorbell" - you push button, the chime rings.

8 - you can turn on / off any outside chime on the unit itself (You can't do this on the ring, but a nice to have).

9 - Video quality is decent (I actually think the Ring Doorbell 2 is pretty decent video quality, but I'm pretty to new to all of this anyways).

From what I read recently the DB11 doesn't seem to fit the bill here.... ?? Or maybe i'm wrong. What options are there? If there's nothing solid / decent... then I'm sticking with the ring I guess.