Playback not available straight away via IDMSS ?

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For some reason I’m unable to immediately watch a replay of the video that has been recorded to the SD card in my camera . If I wait 30 mins it’s available..I’m guessing it’s got something to do with the Record Control option which I have set to 30mins but on my other Dahau camera I have the same option but that plays straight away..any ideas ?

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can't view until it finish's writing to the SD card. So, you could set the "Pack Duration" to 5 or 10 minutes so as to not have to wait so long.

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can't view until it finish's writing to the SD card. So, you could set the "Pack Duration" to 5 or 10 minutes so as to not have to wait so long.
Thanks Looney

I have two Dahau cameras and both have the same setting of 30mins, one lets me view straight away and the other makes me wait 30mins...why does one let me and the other not ?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Looney

I have two Dahau cameras and both have the same setting of 30mins, one lets me view straight away and the other makes me wait 30mins...why does one let me and the other not ?
Are both recording the main streams and both set to use 264 or 265?

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are both recording the main streams and both set to use 264 or 265?
Yes both recording main streams but one set to H.264H and the other that doesn’t work to H.264..could that make a difference ?

youscott

n3wb
Reaction score
Can someone help me too. When I view playback on my phone with iDMSS i can only playback 1 hour . How do i set it so I can playback more than 1 hour ?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
you have to go to home screen and select the video icon, then click on a square, then select your system name, then select the camera from drop down menu.

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so the only way I managed to fix this was to update to the latest firmware and it working perfectly now.. I don't need to wait 30 minutes..I can stream up to the last minute

youscott

n3wb
Reaction score
so the only way I managed to fix this was to update to the latest firmware and it working perfectly now.. I don't need to wait 30 minutes..I can stream up to the last minute
how far back can you go? i can only go 1 hour back. any idea how i can change this?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Is it a specific western digital purple surveillance harddrive?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
You have to go to the video icon on the home page of app to see more than a hour of playback.