Playback of SD card recordings on DS-2CD2343G0-I via Web UI?

Gadget_Man

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks,
This one's been baffling me for last 24 hours. :smash:

Got a shiny new Samsung 64 GB PRO Endurance MicroSDHC Memory Card for my HikVision DS-2CD2343G0-I turret, installed like a dream & formatted fine via web UI. Seems to be recording (ie. free space going down & motion detection active) but I was expecting a 'playback' top nav button (see first screenshot below) on the live view to review recordings - in fact, I can't find anything within web UI to playback recordings.

Help!?! :screwy:

I'd prefer to view recordings via web UI rather than a separate app on local machine, easier & I'm using Mac OS anyway (most programs are Windows).

Advice welcome - I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here - screenshots below.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Gadget_Man

n3wb
Reaction score
If not and if it were me, I'd try VLC to play the files.
I don't mind using a player to play them, I just can't see a list of recordings to download at moment!
I can't be removing the card & inserting into a computer - the siting of camera is too awkward - hope to do this over network.
I'm sure there should be a 'playback' button on the web interface. :confused:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can't be removing the card & inserting into a computer - the siting of camera is too awkward - hope to do this over network.
No, that's a pain...wish I could help. My only cam with a SD card is an Amcrest (rebranded Dahua) IPM-721; it shows the files on the card and allows you to play or download selected files; I'm certain the Hikvision does too, hopefully someone will chime in soon to offer advice.

Have you tried different browsers? Maybe delete the plug-in and re-install? Best of luck.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As @TonyR saids, you are not using the right plugin.

Go to Program Files (x86), look for a "Web Components" folder, delete it. Then point Internet Explorer to your camera, and let the browser download the right plugin. Close IE, run the plugin, open IE, go to the camera again, and once loged in if needed do a CTRL+F5 to refresh the browser cache.

Gadget_Man

n3wb
Reaction score
As @TonyR saids, you are not using the right plugin.

Go to Program Files (x86), look for a "Web Components" folder, delete it. Then point Internet Explorer to your camera, and let the browser download the right plugin. Close IE, run the plugin, open IE, go to the camera again, and once loged in if needed do a CTRL+F5 to refresh the browser cache.
Thanks @Securame - I'm on Mac OS, so no IE possible. I do have a virtualised Windows 10 machine which is brand new (no plugins) - which I'll try but I really need to get this going on Mac OS is possible.

[update] looking hopeful on Win 10 VM
win10 vn.jpg

Last edited: