Playback stops every 10 seconds

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Im new to Blue Iris but getting it all set. Ive got one problem with the video playback pausing every 10 seconds. Cant find the answer, but did find this youtube clip of another person with the same issue.

Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Very strange, are you running the latest version?

Reaction score
Yes, 3.61.01. Although I know some updates may not have applied correctly because I had a problem with apple push not working. Got it working after a support email told me to check the blueirisapplepush exe version (which needed to be updated). Maybe I just need to do a full reinstall.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
can never hurt to try a clean install....or email support, there might be a simpler fix...

CraigF

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem with clips freezing after exactly 10 seconds of playback. Clicking on pause and then play will allow exactly 10 seconds more of playback, and then it freezes again.

Blue Iris used to work perfectly: this behavior began immediately after I installed an update from around the beginning of August. The same update also made all my camera audio vanish (I'm running Panasonic B:-VT164 cameras). ** Everything ** had been working fine for about a year prior to that update.

The most recent update as of this moment is 3.62.05, and that version has not fixed either of these problems for me.

I notified Ken a couple of weeks ago and he is looking at the audio problem remotely, but has not yet commented on the clip freezing problem. I sent him another email about it today and perhaps we will learn something soon. My assumption is that he will get this all sorted out, because it used to work perfectly.

good luck!

-- Craig

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the update. I am betting a clean install will solve the problem...i know its a hassle but sometimes its gotta be done.

Reaction score
Ive got the most recent update also. I began using blueiris in Aug. Still have the same 10 second pause. Im having the same audio problems too. I just thought it was my cameras so I didnt mention it. I know its recording audio though. It'll play if I export the video. I havent done a clean install yet. I was just worried about loosing settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you can export and save all your settings..I will try and update this post later with instructions.

CraigF

n3wb
Reaction score
Playback freezes every 10 sec + new audio failure: Clean install does not help

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the update. I am betting a clean install will solve the problem...i know its a hassle but sometimes its gotta be done.
On your recommendation I scrubbed my system and tried a clean install of 3.62.06, and unfortunately it made no difference at all. Clip playback still freezes every 10 seconds, and I still have no audio from any of my cameras. Remember that all of this has worked perfectly for just about a year, and the problems just started after an update about a month ago.

Also, these problems are isolated to the console: the web version gets audio just fine and the clips play back just fine in a browser. The console exhibits the same problems no matter whether running as a program or as a service.

At Ken's request I opened ports to my garage camera so he could do some remote debugging, but I'm not sure whether that's still ongoing or not. I've offered to send Ken one of my cameras, or to buy him a new one that he can keep, but haven't heard anything back from that offer. I've also offered to run debuggers and packet sniffers if that would help (I'm a software developer ex-Microsoft) but again, no response.

I know things must be really busy because we've had two (possibly three) updates released since I first reported these new problems, but the updates did not address these particular issues. I can only assume that there are some other problems that need to be addressed before these can be tackled.

However, recent versions of Blue Iris no longer meet my needs, since I must have audio and I must be able to play back clips. I'm now preparing to travel and will be away for many months, and need to have a functioning system in place before I leave. For that reason, I want to roll back to an earlier version. I know this must be possible, but for the life of me I can't find any instructions or any version archives. I don't want to roll back all the way to last November, which is the last installer I have saved on my system -- is there a link that would allow us to grab versions from late July?

I've been very tempted just to disassemble the code and begin tracing myself, but that way lies madness :)

Thanks!

-- CraigF

csstup

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Im new to Blue Iris but getting it all set. Ive got one problem with the video playback pausing every 10 seconds. Cant find the answer, but did find this youtube clip of another person with the same issue.

Any ideas?
I have this same problem. Its pretty annoying. Running 3.66. This was a clean install, re-installing makes no sense. Any other suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have this same problem. Its pretty annoying. Running 3.66. This was a clean install, re-installing makes no sense. Any other suggestions?
I would email support...Keep in mind that they are overloaded because of the issues with the new BI4 release.