Please help Can we connect to IP Camera only plug in adapter and without router?

putuebo

n3wb
Reaction score
This is first time i'm buying CCTV and touch it. i never know this stuff before.

I have bought Wanscam HW0038 from aliexpress. This is the link of the seller Wanscam HW0038 Onvif Waterproof HD IP Surveillance Camera Pan Tilt Outdoor CCTV Network Camera Wireless PTZ IP WIFI Camera -in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

unbox my package, download e-view 7 from google store to my android phone after that i plugged camera to adapter. it's on and initialize. but i can't connect from my phone e-view 7 app to the camera. Should i buy a router first? or should it be setting up first using LAN cable ? i'm new with this please help before i blame the seller for refund. is my camera actually work or broken or it doesn't work because i don't know how to use it? is it normally hard to make it work? i watch some video on youtube it just only need to plug in an adaptor and connect via phone and it's working but without recorder of course.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is first time i'm buying CCTV and touch it. i never know this stuff before.

I have bought Wanscam HW0038 from aliexpress. This is the link of the seller Wanscam HW0038 Onvif Waterproof HD IP Surveillance Camera Pan Tilt Outdoor CCTV Network Camera Wireless PTZ IP WIFI Camera -in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

unbox my package, download e-view 7 from google store to my android phone after that i plugged camera to adapter. it's on and initialize. but i can't connect from my phone e-view 7 app to the camera. Should i buy a router first? or should it be setting up first using LAN cable ? i'm new with this please help before i blame the seller for refund. is my camera actually work or broken or it doesn't work because i don't know how to use it? is it normally hard to make it work? i watch some video on youtube it just only need to plug in an adaptor and connect via phone and it's working but without recorder of course.
Big mistake buying wanscam...its JUNK.,,,
how do you expect to view the camera without a router?

putuebo

n3wb
Reaction score
Big mistake buying wanscam...its JUNK.,,,
how do you expect to view the camera without a router?
so i just googling and do some research what is CCTV and what is the newest technology in this stuff and how they put CCTV in tall building or difficult side of building and then found it's use wireless CCTV and come to my mind how they adjust it in difficult side after attached? i found term PTZ and then i search with keyword "wireless PTZ" in every e-comerce like ebay, amazon, aliexpress and found the cheapest one was Wanscam. in short i just come to looking the cheapest "outdoor PTZ wireless camera with night vision" without knowing others terms .... hehehehe

is JUNK mean it's broken or SCAM ??

anyway about router part, i watch video on youtube someone plug in to adapter after camera is on he turn on mobile App and connecting to camera wifi via app that come to my mind which never touch CCTV wireless that's how this work. it can connect to mobile App just after the camera On then the next step we just need a NVR to record (or using normal PC is able too). The router part is just to use if you want the camera to be accessible via Internet remotely. That's what i think come to my mind first time exploring this stuff. So in your analysis is my Camera broken or it's working just because i don't know how to use it? do i need to ask for refund?

Thank you

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need a computer. Change the network adapter settings to ensure you are on the same network. For example if I want to log into a Dahua I set my network adapter to 192.168.1.100 with the gateway as 192.168.1.1. Plug into the camera and power it up and access it through the web interface.

It's a SCAM. By that I mean Shit CAMera hehehe. I hope you didnt pay US$105 for that.

putuebo

n3wb
Reaction score
You need a computer. Change the network adapter settings to ensure you are on the same network. For example if I want to log into a Dahua I set my network adapter to 192.168.1.100 with the gateway as 192.168.1.1. Plug into the camera and power it up and access it through the web interface.

It's a SCAM. By that I mean Shit CAMera hehehe. I hope you didnt pay US$105 for that.
so it's possible to activate my wireless camera to connect to the mobile app without router or without connecting it to computer? any easiest way to turn this on? i mean i just want to turn on camera and view it from mobile phone (for testing if it's working and not broken since i have no router) without router and recording(NVR/DVR)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
so it's possible to activate my wireless camera to connect to the mobile app without router or without connecting it to computer?
What type of wireless (WiFi) access point do you have?
The camera specifications do not suggest that it has an Ad-hoc wireless (WiFi) capability, that would allow direct access, as opposed to both the camera and the phone connecting to a WiFi access point.

putuebo

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried reading the instructions?
yes but the instruction doesn't seem clear for me

What type of wireless (WiFi) access point do you have?
The camera specifications do not suggest that it has an Ad-hoc wireless (WiFi) capability, that would allow direct access, as opposed to both the camera and the phone connecting to a WiFi access point.
oh i see so it can't do addhoc before we set our wireless ip camera with router first right? we need to connect Ethernet cable from camera to router first like in this video