Please help - I applied the wrong firmware to my camera

jaykew123

n3wb
Reaction score
And now I can't access it.

Is there any way to undo my stupid error?

Thanks
Jay

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know it's the wrong firmware?
Or do you just think that because it's no longer accessible?

Assuming it's a Dahua camera - have you used the config tool to check it's not just changed IP address?

And - you will need to give quite a bit more info if you expect people to be able to give you helpful advice.
Re-read your post and put yourself in the position of others who know nothing of the problem you'd like to have solved.

jaykew123

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Alastair, yes I panicked. I'm about to go out so will come back later.

1. I have not used the Config tool - I use SmartPSS. My Mac doesn't allow Config Tool because it says it's not authorized (Should I just override that?)
2. I assume because I couldn't access it using my usual IP address - I will check again later

Alastair, you know how Wiki says to reset the device after firmware upgrade - do I press Factory Default or just Default - to reset (under System > Default)

Thanks, and apologies, I appreciate the pointer.

jaykew123

n3wb
Reaction score
I am going to try the second one (which is the right firmware) and want to know what to do with that one. I can troubleshoot the first after.

So what I did was I went to the setting and upgrade and chose local file (using Andy's latest file) - I then let it do its thing. I assume this is right for upgrade firmware process? I have never run one before.

jaykew123

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried the IP for the original camera and it seems to be back. Sorry about that - it seems that it didn't allow me to access it because it was being reset after the upgrade.

The image looks blurrier after the upgrade. I'm going to do some research to make sure that this firmware was not incorrectly applied.

I used Andy's latest file, but the camera was not listed, and now I am not sure what happened. Don't want to factory reset as it was a pain for me to set it up in the first place and I'm not confident I remember how to change all the IP addresses again.