Please help with network issue

flkeysff

n3wb
Reaction score
I have installed my cameras through a network switch , my computer (Windows 10) only shows my Ethernet connection which has no internet on it. My WiFi connection which has internet will not connect unless I unplug my Ethernet. How do I fix this?

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have installed my cameras through a network switch , my computer (Windows 10) only shows my Ethernet connection which has no internet on it. My WiFi connection which has internet will not connect unless I unplug my Ethernet. How do I fix this?
What port on the router did you plug in the switch? A yellow/LAN port?

flkeysff

n3wb
Reaction score
The switch is plugged directly to the Ethernet port on the computer not the router. The router is too far away to do it any other way.

flkeysff

n3wb
Reaction score
I have done it this way two different times but have never had this problem. Usually the Wifi symbol shows up in the task bar and when I click on it the Ethernet also shows but says no internet.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have done it this way two different times but have never had this problem. Usually the Wifi symbol shows up in the task bar and when I click on it the Ethernet also shows but says no internet.
If it "...used to work this way two different times" then a port on the switch may have an issue (switch to known good port) or Ethernet cable may have an issue (switch out with known good cable). Your PC's LAN port could have an issue also (least likely).
or........
You moved something, hooked up something not as it was "when it worked before". :cool:

flkeysff

n3wb
Reaction score
Of course it is......I'm talking about how do you Internet via LAN to your switch?
Maybe I am confused on what you are asking, my 8 port switch is plugged into the ethernet port on the back of my computer, my computer connects to the internet via wifi. At least it is supposed to. My computer will not connect to the wifi unless I unplug the ethernet cable from the back of the computer.

I haven't moved anything as this is a new set up at a new house, old setup stayed with the old house.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ethernet AND wifi both active simultaneously on your PC. They are going to be separate networks doing it that way.

This is a dual network setup issue. I know how on MacOS, but have no clue how to do multiple NICS under windows.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to set up two networks. It is the same thing if you have two nic cards. I would use two different sub nets.

I think you will need another hardwired network card.

Last edited: