Please show me your camo camera, looking at putting one in a tree !

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I like to see your camo cameras. I will be hiking a turret in a tree and I am going to camo paint etc and perhaps even build a bird house around it. Looking ofr ideas and how you hide your wires say on the side of tree.

retard

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have any pics, but I ran 4 Cat5e cables in a 1/2" or 3/4" grey electrical conduit. I ran the conduit underground to the tree, then on the back side of the tree so I couldn't see it from the house. My cam is totally visible, but that's my preference.

I may do another hidden install on a different tree and was considering just running outdoor rated Cat5 stapled to tree. Good luck

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
This one has no wires. 100% portable and takes a picture a second (or longer) for months on a set of batteries. Plotwatcher Pro game camera inside. Not much good at night without external light but great for keeping an eye on things away from home on short notice or in the boonies long term.20160418_121833.jpg

japjoe7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will be moving one of my cameras to a tree in my back yard. I've ordered a mount and will be using PVC conduit buried across the yard to the tree. I will post pics once complete.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you wanted to go super concealed cut a rebate into the tree and your conduit in that. Remove the bark first and glue it over the top for the perfect crime. The tree will continue to Grow around the conduit. Alternatively just paint everything matt black for low visibility.

Mike Mo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you wanted to go super concealed cut a rebate into the tree and your conduit in that. Remove the bark first and glue it over the top for the perfect crime. The tree will continue to Grow around the conduit. Alternatively just paint everything matt black for low visibility.
I like the conduit idea. Was either going to paint mine or use something like thisCamo Sheets & Rolls | Camouflage Vinyl Rolls | Camowraps® to wrap conduit and camera

japjoe7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can't do the in-tree method as it would def kill the tree I'm using.

I like the conduit idea. Was either going to paint mine or use something like thisCamo Sheets & Rolls | Camouflage Vinyl Rolls | Camowraps® to wrap conduit and camera
I'm gunna run the conduit on the back side so we can't visual see it once I'm done. Spray paint it of course as well as the camera mount.

Attachments

Last edited:

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wasn't looking to camo my cameras, just make them discrete and not bright white from the street. I mounted them high up above normal field of vision. I've had several people walk right by several times and I ask them if they saw the new cameras, not a single one has noticed them. Might not take as much as you are thinking. As long as they bend in slightly and are not contrasting to the tree color and the conduit is on the back side of the tree, you will probably be surprised how hard they are to see for the average person or criminal at night. The red IR illuminators give away the cameras more then anything at night.

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Haha i'm going to install my one again in the tree since i removed it a long time ago

time to Rip up my good looking grass :( might install the watering system i always wanted to install
but it's now the most raining season now....