Please upgrade Blue Iris to version v4.3.9.5 or above to be compatible with Reolink

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is what ReoLink is telling all camera owners. So the question is, after I do the upgrade, do I have to re-setup all of my cameras, or will the changes to the ReoLink profile be updated as well?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Please upgrade Blue Iris to version v4.3.9.5 or above to be compatible with Reoli

That is what ReoLink is telling all camera owners. So the question is, after I do the upgrade, do I have to re-setup all of my cameras, or will the changes to the ReoLink profile be updated as well?
You should not have to.

crhfish

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Please upgrade Blue Iris to version v4.3.9.5 or above to be compatible with Reoli

I gave up on Reolink. Mine just would not work with BI. I waited until Reolink provided a new firmware update in the middle of June for the camera thinking that might help. After the firmware update, I was unable to get the camera to work so I gave up.

To answer your question it might depend on how you have them set up. I used the discover feature and it was trying to run under the generic camera settings. I say trying to run, because it was always bogging down.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Yep, all of mine are currently under the Generic selection, which is why I'm wondering if I have to set them all up again.
Is there now a ReoLink profile that can be used?
What does the auto discovery show for the RL in the new version?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Yep, all of mine are currently under the Generic selection, which is why I'm wondering if I have to set them all up again.
Is there now a ReoLink profile that can be used?
What does the auto discovery show for the RL in the new version?
There is a reolink option in the dropdown, but i think it has been there for quite a while. You would never have to set them up again, it would simply be a matter of changing the dropdown. All other settings will remain. The real question is whether anything was actually fixed..there is no indication in the release notes that there was a specific change for reolink.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

That is what I was wondering too. I can't find any information. All I know is that when I logged on to the ReoLink forums site, there was a banner across the top of the page that says "Please upgrade BI to version...." (like I posted in the subject).

Reaction score

I have 3 Reolink's working well enough with BI version 4.2.9.1 with only minimal issues (specifically occasional smearing/tearing of the image and low frame rates).

Where is Reolink saying we should upgrade?

crhfish

n3wb
Reaction score

I should add this bit of information. I have two different systems running at different locations. At one location I installed two Reolink POE Cameras and they worked fine. These are the fairly cheap 4mp non wireless models. I then added two more for a total of four cameras all of them the same model, POE, non wireless. They work ok with a bit of a picture problem from time to time. The best way to describe the problem is the picture goes into "matrix" mode. With these four cameras, the CPU on that machine is very loaded. It works, but its loaded.

Based on this I decided to buy one of the Wireless versions to add at my other location. That location already has six cameras, five hard wired and one wireless. The trouble I had was with this wireless camera. That one camera really bogged down this system and I could never really get it to work properly on BI. The "matrix" ghosting and freezing was really bad. This was after changing the cameras internal settings way down, 720p, baseline, etc. The cpu on this system is better and it never showed to be over 35% loaded.

Then I read on the net somewhere that Reolink had a firmware upgrade coming up so I waited until this upgrade was out and tried to load it. In the process the camera became inoperable and I could not get it to reset. That is until yesterday, I gave it one more try and its up and running. So far with the camera once again set to the lowest settings, its working and its working better than it did before. I have the latest BI updates and the new firmware in the camera. I'm not sure which one made things better.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I have 3 Reolink's working well enough with BI version 4.2.9.1 with only minimal issues (specifically occasional smearing/tearing of the image and low frame rates).

Where is Reolink saying we should upgrade?
At the top of their homepage at reolink.com

rl.png

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Ahh thanks, I was looking at their blog and forums expecting to see something there. I didn't even notice the banner up top.
I stumbled on it myself. I wish they had a link to click for more information.

PaulNH

n3wb
Reaction score

Can you advise where you were able to get the upgraded firmware? I also own 1 Reolink camera RLC-422, wired. I have a total of 4 cameras of various brands.... 3 of them consistently run at 22 - 24 fps. The Reolink consistently runs at 2-6 fps. I'm hoping that a firmware might help. Thank You **********Sorry... should have kept reading..... top of their home page.... geeesh.... long day I guess... Hahaha

08-09-16 UPDATE - SOLVED..... well I am using Blue Iris 4.4.1.0 X 64 and was still getting 4 -5 frames per second. All my other cameras were getting 22 - 24 frames per second without any problems. The way I resolved this Dropped Frames was to run ReoLink Software, right click on the REO Link camera and from the drop down menu select REMOTE CONFIG. Select ENCODE.... changed the resolution to 720P ...and now I consistently get 22 - 24 ffps..... I still get the occasional squiggly line across the screen but for the most part it works fine.

Thank YOU to those who responded with suggestions and a GREAT THANK YOU to IPCAMTALK.com for this sight.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaryChong

n3wb
Reaction score

I had the same question with you, so I ask Reolink's staff. The staff told me that you can export the configuration first so you don't need to re-set your cameras
The staff showed me the steps with images. Do not check the Upgrade Configure File in the second image. :
QQ??20160809164450.png QQ??20160809164456.png