Plugin has stopped working in Firefox.

Walt

n3wb
Reaction score
Firefox just updated to 46.0.1 and has caused my camera plugin to become non-functional on one of my machines.
The machine in question is Win 10 64 bit. It still works fine in my Win 7 32 bit machine.
The plugin installed itself when I first set up the cameras so I don't even know where to find it.

Does anyone know how to un-install / re-install this plugin?

Walt

n3wb
Reaction score
To answer my own question:
There is a directory called webrec in Program Files. The plugin files reside there.
Rename or delete that directory and the plugin will re-install.

Didn't solve the problem though.

BakCompat

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like you found this before I did. I just wrote it up at https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/11188-trouble-with-webplugin-exe-in-Firefox-amp-Chrome-but-works-in-IE

For me, I have not yet fixed it. My work machines all work with the IPC-HFW4300S units I have there, but the two new units of different models I just bought do not work on my home machine. I can confirm though, that my primary laptop running Firefox 46.0.1 still works with the Dahua 4300S units, but it already has the MMX plugin loaded, whereas my home box does not have the MMX plugin loaded.

Walt

n3wb
Reaction score
That's what I found. My older cameras with the older plugin don't work but my one newer camera with the newer plugin does work.
I gave up and re-installed Firefox 45.
When FF 47 comes out I'll try again. They may get the issue fixed.
My cameras are branded Flir, I don't expect them to do anything.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When FF 47 comes out I'll try again. They may get the issue fixed.
The issue is that they are removing support for NPAPI plugins by the end of the year, this is planed obsolescence.. I doubt any future version of Firefox will ever work again, we went through this with Chrome this time last year.

BakCompat

n3wb
Reaction score
aww crap, if it's NPAPI, then yeah, it won't ever work again. I already went through that with some even older units cameras that can only be viewed from ancient web browsers. Ok, so that officially sucks. So.. I guess SmartPSS will have to be the option for merely viewing cameras from now on? I'll stick with Blue Iris for recording.. but I do need configuration capability for these things... :/

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
have to keep IE/Safari around, worst case Microsoft offers hassle free VM Images of all the old Explorer versions here: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/linux/

IPCameras are kinda left behind in the browser push to html5 video, support for live/realtime streams is crap and rtsp support is non existant... some JavaScript wizardry might plug the hole for a while but someone really needs to push through a decent realtime network video streaming standard for html5 before we can see cameras coming with native support.

so far all the focus has been like youtube and other video oriented websites with static files they want to stream, not any simple realtime feed.