PoE camera with Automatic Video Export on Windows

JJonesJ

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Unifi G3 Flex, configured Unifi video recordings, and got right up to the part where I could configure an offsite backup script for the video files. But it seems I can't do that... only manually export my recordings.

So, what I need is a PoE camera that:
a) can be mounted from my roof soffits
b) has an NVR that runs on Windows that automatically exports full and/or motion videos to the file system without manual intervention

I can then simply set up a PowerShell script in the task scheduler that transfers my video files offsite, and another that purges video files older than X days.

Can anybody tell me what PoE camera and NVR combination does this? I am hoping there is more than one.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Unifi G3 Flex, configured Unifi video recordings, and got right up to the part where I could configure an offsite backup script for the video files. But it seems I can't do that... only manually export my recordings.

So, what I need is a PoE camera that:
a) can be mounted from my roof soffits
b) has an NVR that runs on Windows that automatically exports full and/or motion videos to the file system without manual intervention

I can then simply set up a PowerShell script in the task scheduler that transfers my video files offsite, and another that purges video files older than X days.

Can anybody tell me what PoE camera and NVR combination does this? I am hoping there is more than one.

Thanks!
blue iris can do this....though offsite video is a poor way to make a secure backup. Simply hide a nas or cheap NVR.